INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compatible with Hauppage HVR-1800?  (Read 1464 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Compatible with Hauppage HVR-1800?
« on: February 03, 2008, 10:13:13 pm »

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116015

^^ product in question

Was going to upgrade my tuner so I can watch and record abc/cbs/fox/nbc in HD. Was curious on a couple things....

a) does MC support this

b) are any MC users using this (or the 1600 card?) impressions?

c) i actually haven't used MC at all when it comes to TV recording. i may look into it before i buy this card to become familiar with the system. from what i've read, it isn't quite up to par with some more dedicated programs like Windows Media Center and Sage TV. is guide data easy (free) to come by if i were to use MC?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Compatible with Hauppage HVR-1800?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:00:58 pm »

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116015

^^ product in question

Was going to upgrade my tuner so I can watch and record abc/cbs/fox/nbc in HD. Was curious on a couple things....

a) does MC support this

b) are any MC users using this (or the 1600 card?) impressions?

MC supports playing HDTV channels using most HDTV cards. Hauppauge 1800 has not been specifically tested, but a user (Benn600) has tested 1600.

c) i actually haven't used MC at all when it comes to TV recording. i may look into it before i buy this card to become familiar with the system. from what i've read, it isn't quite up to par with some more dedicated programs like Windows Media Center and Sage TV. is guide data easy (free) to come by if i were to use MC?

We support viewing TV, recording to disk, and time-shifting. EPG is not supported.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up