INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 files won't import  (Read 1773 times)

PaulK

MP3 files won't import
« on: January 31, 2008, 10:48:09 am »

Hi;

I just installed Media Jukebox 12, & it looks okay, but the first thing I did was to import my "My Music" directory.  I got a message box reporting 27 MP3 files failed to import.  I clicked on Details, & got a list of the files.  For the first, I don't know why that it should fail to import these files; they're ordinary MP3 files that played fine in Windows MediaPlayer.  But that's another question.

The point is, I then went to my "My Music" folder in Explorer to look at the files, and tried to return to Media Jukebox again.  However, it doesn't respond to any actions -- not window minimize or resize, not selecting a track, not any menu actions.

The technical stuff for the developers:
I'm assuming that the message box reporting the failed imports is a modal/pop-up dialog box -- that is, that the Media Jukebox application doesn't respond to any input until the message box is closed.  Unfortunately, the message box is now *UNDER* the Media Jukebox window, so I can't get to it to close it.  Therefore, the Media Jukebox hangs & I will probably have to kill the process & start again.  That should be a pretty easy fix.

Aside from that, any reason that 27 otherwise ordinary & playable MP3 files out of 1000 should fail to import?

Thanks,

Paul

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MP3 files won't import
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 10:51:37 am »

Is this the build you installed?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44737.0

If not, please try it.

Did you try using MJ to play any of the files that wouldn't import?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 11:27:46 am »

... Unfortunately, the message box is now *UNDER* the Media Jukebox window, so I can't get to it to close it.  Therefore, the Media Jukebox hangs & I will probably have to kill the process & start again. ...

I think Ctrl+Tab would be able to bring the message box back in the front. Killing MJ is safe, but you may lose the recently imported file data if MJ has not saved the library files yet.

I just installed Media Jukebox 12, & it looks okay, but the first thing I did was to import my "My Music" directory.  I got a message box reporting 27 MP3 files failed to import.  I clicked on Details, & got a list of the files.  For the first, I don't know why that it should fail to import these files; they're ordinary MP3 files that played fine in Windows MediaPlayer. ...

... Aside from that, any reason that 27 otherwise ordinary & playable MP3 files out of 1000 should fail to import?

Please try restarting the import process (select Tools > Run Auto-import now if you added the My Music directory to Auto-Importer's folder list) and post the report text here (you can right-click select and copy it). In addition you could drag the unimported files to Playing Now and try if you can play them as Jim suggested.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

PaulK

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 07:14:13 am »

Thanks for the tips.  I'll give all that a try.

Paul

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 07:40:06 am »

I think Ctrl+Tab would be able to bring the message box back in the front. Killing MJ is safe, but you may lose the recently imported file data if MJ has not saved the library files yet.

Oops, I meant Alt+Tab.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up