INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Categorization  (Read 942 times)

kaplapd

• Recent member
Categorization
« on: February 13, 2008, 04:25:49 pm »

I feel as though I ought to be able to figure this one out but I've not been able to.  Here is the question.  I have a large number of disks appropriately categorized under "various artists", but that category also includes several disks that are by one artist and I cannot figure out how to get the album recategorized under the artist's name.  I also have a couple that go the other way - disks that actually have multiple artists but are categorized under one of the artists' name.  So the question is how do I get these disks into the appropriate category?  thanks...

P

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Categorization
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 04:31:37 pm »

there can be several causes for this. but the main reason could be that there is an name in the tag called album artist (not album artist (auto)). check that one out first.

:)
gab

kaplapd

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 06:05:34 pm »

Will do.  Thanks.

kaplapd

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 06:17:16 pm »

When I look at the tag information for the album in Media Center, the Artist slot contains <varies> and that looks right.  The album title is correct and everything looks as though it ought to work.  Do you have any other ideas?  Thanks.

kaplapd

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 06:20:51 pm »

You were right - I just was not seeing all of the tags.  I've got it now and thanks.

P
Pages: [1]   Go Up