INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fixed - EVR Issues in Vista  (Read 5975 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Fixed - EVR Issues in Vista
« on: February 14, 2008, 04:57:28 pm »

Couple of bugs that do not appear when using VMR9 (the screen shot below shows both issues):
1) You need to switch the Aspect Ratio from "Source" to "16:9" on some channels else you end up with black box all around the picture (eg both letterbox and pillar box but the TV is still 16:9 just smaller)
2) On NON-HD streams (eg 576i) you end up with a "steroscope" style effect where the two fields are are moved "up 45% by about an inch".  All is fine in 1080i.

Thanks
Nathan

Appologies for the full res image but it shows the two field issue better

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: EVR Issues in Vista
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 12:47:54 am »

Also, EVR's aspect ratio problem also appears to effect Video File playback (pushes 16:9 content into 4:3) but the same content played from a DVD is fine.  Tried different filters but the only common thread is the choice of renderer - VMR9 is fine.
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:51:38 am »

The first problem should be fixed (yesterday - build 441 - for TV playback, and for DirectShow video playback, 442 when it comes out).

I can not reproduce the second problem. I hope the fix for the first would magically also fix the other. If not let me know.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 03:06:14 pm »

Aspect Ratio problem seems to be fine (OK in TV, have not yet checked file playback).

Second issue is still there on every 576i DTV channel but on no 1080i ones....

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 04:25:17 pm »

Hi Yaobing - did you want me to check, run, report on anthing regarding the broken field issue?  Is there a deinterlacing setting to play with for example?
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 04:42:10 pm »

Found the Bug  ;D  If get the two images if you use "Crop Edges" on SD DTV with EVR!

Thanks
Nathan

EDIT - same problem with the playback of files, if you have "Crop Edges" on & use EVR you get the two feild issue.
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Fixed - EVR Issues in Vista
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 02:18:54 pm »

Sorry, I still do not have a solution to this problem. The graph info files you provided in the other thread show that you were using different filters on the two computers. Have you tried not using Microsoft video decoder on the machine that has the problem? How about display card (are they the same on both computers)?

On the "bad" computer. the Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder's output video format is MEDIASUBTYPE_IMC3, for hardware acceleration (DXVA2). On the "good" computer, the output from NVIDIA Video Decoder is YUY2, indicating that it did not use hardware acceleration.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 04:19:38 pm »

Thanks Yaobing - I'll play some more and give you an update.  I know that the problem will be related to the filter chain but was intereted to see it was present at least with the Default MS ones on Vista.  That being said that PC's BIOS has just died so I've got "bigger" problems.  Will advise
Thanks
Nathan

PS - Would logs help or for now just the filter details?
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 08:15:41 pm »

I've got my HTPC back from the shop with a new M'Board and all is now working fine!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up