INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scheduler not saving  (Read 1113 times)

evilhobo

• Recent member
Scheduler not saving
« on: February 13, 2008, 04:46:23 pm »

This is not a bug in recent build I don't think, it's just the way media center behaves.

It seems the scheduler only saves its entries when jrmc is closed properly. The thing is, I have jrmc running as a media server and as a result, I hardly EVER close jrmc.

As a result, when I occasionally restart the htpc, any changes to the scheduler I made are simply wiped.

The only way to get around this seems to be going to the media server tray icon, right click, select close, then restarting the computer. However;
  • 1. I'm lazy. I really can't be bothered doing that every time I want to restart.
  • 2. I don't always have control over restarting. Sometimes Microsoft decides to do it for me, or say there's a power outage.
  • 3. Many times, I simply forget that jrmc is running in server mode and simply close the main window and open it again and assume that the scheduler is now saved. Only to find it obviously isn't after the next restart.

So I'd like to request a change to the behaviour of jrmc to save the scheduler to disk whenever a change is made. I don't see how this could possibly be a strain on any system to justify only saving as jrmc is closing.

Thank you for any help/change.

hobo.

EDIT: Alternatively, could jrmc save scheduler when windows asks it to close (eg, on system restarts). This won't solve the problem for power outages, but we can't blame jr for that now can we? (... or can we?)

EDIT EDIT: I just thought I might mention a fourth reason: 4. If jrmc crashes for any reason, I'm equally stuffed. And the alternative offered above doesn't solve this either, so I still think the best idea is to save the scheduler as entries are made/edited.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Scheduler not saving
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 07:44:02 pm »

It's a good idea.

We'll try to do it.

(as an aside, #3 shouldn't discard changes unless there's a bug)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

evilhobo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 07:13:35 pm »

I just saw this was implemented in the new builds. Thanks everybody at JR!

evilhobo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 05:20:53 pm »

Ok, actually, its worse now!

It's simply not saving at all. I added some scheduled recordings, then closed jrmc and opened it up again (out of habit now).

ALL THE RECORDINGS WERE GONE!!!

well, not quite all. Any recordings that were already there (that I added before the update) were all still there. As well as this, I can make changes to existing scheduled recordings and they will be saved. However, it refuses to save any new scheduled recordings. They just fall of the face of the planet when jrmc closes.

So now, for sanities sake, I'm going to request a SAVE button in the scheduler. And one that works.

If this is a bug that can be fixed, can the fix be released asap! I do tend to record a lot.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 10:34:18 am »

That's embarrassing.

Next build will fix it for good, promise.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up