INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Last Played" and "Number Plays" synced back from a memory card to MC  (Read 1269 times)

robydago

• Citizen of the Universe

I'm using a software audio player (MortPlayer) on my Pocket PC and all the files I play with it are on an SD memory card.
To sync files with MC I insert the memory card in my PC's card reader, bypassing the pocketPC, because the pockePC cradle USB1.1 is too slooooow!

MortPlayer can log an entry to a text log file everytime it plays an audio file and that log file content can be customized, so I was wondering...
to have play stats ("Last Played" and "Number Plays") synced back to MC:

- what data (file name, date\time played, etc), and in which format, do I have to put inside the log file?

- where do I have to save the log file (the memory card root dir?)?

- what name do I have to give to the log file?

Does anybody know?

SwellGuy

Re: "Last Played" and "Number Plays" synced back from a memory card to MC
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 09:43:40 am »

Media Center doesn't have the ability to sync back info from a log file.

robydago

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 10:12:28 am »

thanks for your reply SwellGuy

is PocketPC\WMP a supported device for files and playstat sync?

what I mean is: if I used WMP on the PocketPc to play files and, to sync with MC, instead of inserting the memory card in the PC I connected the PocketPC (with the memory card in it) to the PC, would MC see the device and sync files and playstats with it?

robydago

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 12:43:59 am »

if I connected the PocketPC (with the memory card in it) to the PC, would MC see the device and sync files and playstats with it?

well.... I just connected my Acer PocketPC to my PC and in MC12.0.438 under Drives & Devices I see:
- "Motorola MOTO Q9m" > containing some icons jpg files ("back_options.jpg", VolumeButton.jpg", etc.)
- "Motorola MOTO Q9m (1)" > containing the files that are in the SD Memory Card inserted in the PocketPC
- "Motorola MOTO Q9m Storage card" > empty

Before connecting the PocketPC to my PC I played some files with WMP for PocketPC, but files shown under "Motorola MOTO Q9m (1)" don't have play stats upadated so it seems that I will never know what I played on that device...  :(

Pages: [1]   Go Up