INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image management problems  (Read 1660 times)

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
Image management problems
« on: February 19, 2008, 02:06:12 pm »

When I decided to buy MC it was for music, but also for images. In these last 6 months or so I have struggled to get MC to work the way I wanted it too, but it has now come to the point where I can't go on. Here are my reasons...

1) I want an image manager that is user friendly and has a reasonable amount of user controlled setting for my images .... it becomes too much trouble.

2) I went to image types view scheme, double-clicked ( and tried just clicking the Play link) , but the image I clicked did not appear in fullscreen.

3) Opening Images from Windows... why MC has decided to be completely different with this regards, when other image managers allow complete freedom of navigation when double-clicking an image from windows, allowing the user to then browse forward and back within the application.

4) A lack of ... batch processing images ( MC has batch convert for audio, but not for images), simple filters like for example ... sepia, black & white , version tracking

5) Image editor. Almost all image managers have a decent image editor for some quick basic editing.

6) MC treats image the same way it treats audio, which is wrong.  In some menus and interfaces of MC there are commands that relate to audio.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Image management problems
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 02:23:24 pm »

2) I went to image types view scheme, double-clicked ( and tried just clicking the Play link) , but the image I clicked did not appear in fullscreen.
You can set how you want playback to work in Options/General/Behavior.

Jump on Play: Display View (if has display)

cosmicfx

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 02:42:56 pm »

You can set how you want playback to work in Options/General/Behavior.

Jump on Play: Display View (if has display)

I did that already.

raldo

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 04:26:56 pm »

I'm ok with MC for images as long as the organizing part (display, tagging) is intuitive.

MC as an organizer for audio and video works very well. After all, a whole bunch of untagged images isn't as worthless as untagged music, but it comes pretty close.

I've been using other (free) software for editing, removing redeyes ++, much in the same way as I use other sw for video editing. It's ok by me.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 07:57:53 pm »

I don't get the feeling you really want a solution, but this should never happen (and I can't make it).

You may have missing images.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 12:35:24 am »

I don't get the feeling you really want a solution, but this should never happen (and I can't make it).

You may have missing images.

When I 1st read #2, the first thing that occurred to me was either 'shuffle' or 'automatic shuffle', as the 'Play' link under the thumbnail actually sends all listed files to playing now, not just the selected file.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up