INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: synching problem after restoring Ipod on Mac Itunes [solved]  (Read 1067 times)

john h

• Junior Woodchuck
synching problem after restoring Ipod on Mac Itunes [solved]
« on: February 19, 2008, 09:46:26 pm »

I have a Ipod Video 5th generation.  I have had no problems synching the ipod, until I received a message from MC tonight that I need to update the Ipod's software due to a recent update to MC12.  I run MC12 on my Dell PC, using Windows XP. 

I synched the ipod to my Mac to update the Ipod software, because I don't like running Itunes on my PC.  The Mac required that I restore the Ipod first and then update the Ipod software.  I did that, and the Ipod now is running version 1.2.3, which it says is the latest Ipod software.

I then updated the software for MC12, and am now running MC 12.0.441. 

When I hooked up the Ipod to my PC/MC12, MC12 can't see the Ipod.  I tried redetecting all devices, no success.  I even tried adding the device manually--when clicking on browse in the dialogue box, the Ipod shows up as a "removable disk" on drive I, but even if I try to add it MC says it can't be done.

Did I do something wrong by restoring the Ipod using the Mac version of Itunes?  Do I need to download Itunes on the PC and restore the Ipod using the Windows version of Itunes?  I searched the forum here and the Wiki, but didn't see anything.

Thanks for any help,
John
johnh

SwellGuy

Re: synching problem after restoring Ipod on Mac Itunes
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 10:36:02 am »

If you use your iPod with a PC you need to update it from iTunes on a PC.

john h

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: synching problem after restoring Ipod on Mac Itunes [solved]
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 08:21:42 am »

Rick, that solved the problem.  I should have guessed.  Thanks for the prompt response.

John
johnh
Pages: [1]   Go Up