INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio CD playback problems  (Read 780 times)

Jeff Scott

Audio CD playback problems
« on: August 06, 2002, 09:09:44 am »

I've tried both digital and analog playback and I've got problems -- though different problems.

With digital playback there are lots and lots of pops in the output.  Very annoying.

With analog playback the first song play, then about 1/2 a second of the second song and it stops.  Then I click play and it plays the second song and stops.

Am I doing anything wrong or is the cd playback just not there yet?

Cheers,
Jeff

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Audio CD playback problems
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2002, 09:43:12 am »

Digital playback won't work with all drives.  

On analog, you may not be selecting the music correctly.  Open the CD/DVD drive option on the tree by clicking the |PLS|, then select the drive, then press play.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

wannabejedi

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2002, 05:07:43 pm »

I have the same issues...and it only started with the upgrade to v8.0.336. And it's REALLY annoying. It did't do this before on Digital Playback -- which fixed another problem I was having. I have a plextor 12/10/32A and I'm pretty sure it supports digital audio...again, it was working before.

Also, I run Wave Out/Wave Mapper, 32-bit, and my CDRW's device driver - all without issue until the upgrade.

And as long as I'm #####in' ;-), man, this thing hangs fierce when I eject and insert cd after cd...especially upon CDDB lookup. It's like it can't quite keep up with the drive (or, vice-versa)...

System specs: Win2k, AMD 1.4Athlon T-Bird, 512MB RAM, mucho GBs of storage...

Any ideas on the clipping? It isn't an issue on burning...but on playback it's killing me!

thanks!

wannabejedi

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2002, 05:42:18 am »

Hey. just got back from a blistering hot vacation on the jersey shore...and nobody's got any suggestions on this problem? C'Mon! Guess I'll upgrade and see if it helps. Would appreciate a response as I chose this media player for it's stability, user-friendliness, and kiss-butt options. However, if I cannot play audio cd's then I'm switching to Winamp.

out ~

wannabejedi

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2002, 04:55:30 am »

upgraded to 8.0.348. problem fixed. Not sure why i had the problem to begin with, but, JIC, here's some specs if anyone cares to add to bug list or something. will stick with you guys. great tool:

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.348
Install Path: C:\Program Files\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 1396 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 335 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.4718
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

peace ~
Pages: [1]   Go Up