INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A native RSS generator  (Read 978 times)

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
A native RSS generator
« on: February 24, 2008, 10:17:52 am »

I've been thinking about this lately, and wanted to see if anybody else thought it would be something that MC12 could benefit from.  Would it be possible to implement a system, much like "recently played", which generates a rolling RSS file of the last things you've listened to.  Since MC12 already had the ability to throw files up into an FTP, it shouldn't be any problem to update a server with that information.  A way to let people know what you're listening to.

And yes, I know the last.fm plug-in does the same thing, more of less.  But since I listen to more than 50% of my music on my portable music device, none of that goes to last.fm.  This would, theoretically, allow the RSS file to be synchronized when the music device is.

Anyone think this is worth pursuing?

p7389

• World Citizen
Re: A native RSS generator
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 01:03:28 pm »

In theory (I guess depending on the player) MC should be able (or the last.fm plugin rather) to transmit the files played on the DAP to last.fm. I know this works with iTunes and iPods at least. But I quite vehemently hate iTunes. I do have an iPod Nano - it really was the best offering on the market at that time, and I'm quite happy with it.

Personally, I usually just silently play what I've listened to on my DAP when I'm doing something else, just to get approximately correct last.fm stats. It's not optimal, but it works.
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
Re: A native RSS generator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 02:56:12 pm »

MC synchronizes with my device (an iPod as well) extremely well.  I've never had a problem with it.  But, the last.fm plug-in doesn't see those songs.  I agree with you about iTunes, and have no intention of moving over to it.  I'm just seeing if this would be a way to improve an already impressive piece of software.

I could do the silent second-play, but...like you said, it's not optimal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up