INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug: Transferring files -> "Details" button behaves funny (and others)  (Read 1431 times)

TB2

• Recent member

Well, I'm retransferring all my stuff to the iPod again, and that underlined Details Link keeps disappearing, then there will be 00000000 for a little, then it disappears, then Details reappears, goes away, 00000000 comes back and so on... Looks like this:

And while I'm on it...
some other thing is driving me crazy. Doing "Rename files from properties" will always suggest "[track#] - Name]" as "Filename". Notice the missing "[". I once made this typo and from there on it would always suggest name] instead of [name] and I always have to put that [ back there when I rename another chunk of files.

And one thing that also is quite bothersome is, that some files wont be tagged properly. I transferred all my files to my HTPC which runs Archlinux and where I use Amarok as the player, and over there all the wrong tags surface. MJ sometimes neglects case sensitivity, and I also selected all of my tracks once and did "Update tags from library" (which btw locked up playing as soon as the running track ended - this could be cleaned up, too) but some of the tags still remained unchanged. It should also notice the user about lacking mp4-container tagging support. It just makes the tags appear right in MJ, but outside they wont have changed.

Please don't understand this as nagging about stuff, MJ is the greates library based player EVER :) Really love it. Just wanted to let you know of hidden problems you might not have discovered by yourself until now...

edit:
And yet another thing: Sometimes I have compilation albums where all the tracks have a different artist. I then do "Rename files from properties" -> [track#] - [Artist] - [Name] and "Fill properties from filename" [track#] - [Name] to transfer all the artist names to the trackname, which enables me to make all the album tags the same. One problem with this is, that MJ will automatically transfer the files to [Assorted]. This option should be possible to disable, as MJ wont change that when I do another "Change file names from properties". I then will have to change the folder hirarchy rule (e.g. by removing the [gerne] part) and then bring it back to normal. Sound complicated, but well... ;)

TB2

• Recent member
Re: Bug: Transferring files -> "Details" button behaves funny (and others)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 12:49:54 am »

I let the iPod be filled over night, and now in the morning it was at 56% crawling at 0.1mb/s although I guess it had stopped completely.

It also showed many errors with flac files, which should have been converted (mp3 encoder, VBR extreme). For some reason, not all the files failed.

This is quite bothersome...

(click to enlarge)

I clicked cancel, and then MJ crashed. I disconnected the iPod "safely" but it wouldn't react, so I did a reset, and upon reconnecting it, chkdsk showed up suggesting a check. I did it, and got around 100 errors like "\iPod_Control\Music\F03\GAJS.mp3 first allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated." with many different files and some other errors.

Last but not least, the iPod seems to be empty. "No Music".

-.-

fyi: latest iTunes, latest iPod Classic firmware, latest MJ, iPod initialized with MJ upon filling it.

edit:
... another bug: I wanted to quickly drag the most important music on the iPod for the day, and so I selected a couple of artists and dragged them to the lower left corner. When doing this, MJ would put all artists from that genre on the iPod instead of only the selected ones, if the list in the lower box hadn't been updated yet. So just dragging an artist wouldn't suffice, I'd have to click on the artist, wait until the list is refreshed, and then drop the artist on the ipod.

edit2:
... yet another one - sorry, they just keep coming ;) ... If MJ is open and playing a track and I open iTunes to "restore" my iPod, the sound in MJ will lock up (and repeat the last 0.2 seconds endlessly in an annoying way) as soon as the MJ popup "this ipod doesn't have a database, would you like to initialize it" comes up. If I click ok, playing continues.

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 03:13:20 pm »

1 thing is that the MP3 encoder is an addon.  Did you purchase the addon?

I'll be putting out a build later today that includes all the latest bug fixes.  I'm not sure if any apply to and of these but there have been a goodly number of them.

TB2

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 04:05:27 pm »

Well I simply clicked on "MP3 Encoder" in the Device Options Menu, so that all the unsupported files will be encoded with MP3 at VBR Extreme level. That encoder was downloaded automatically by MJ. (I guess it is LAME, and that one is freely available).

I "restored" the iPod today and as I'm writing, the transfer process is at 70%, so I guess there will be no more problems. I guess everytime crApple releases a new firmware, the iPod has to be restored and initialized by MJ to work properly. Else it will fail upon encoding (or transferring) and create corrupted files on the iPod. This time, the "00000000" bug also didnt' surface. I have no idea how that problem is caused.
Pages: [1]   Go Up