INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the meaning of life?  (Read 1186 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
What is the meaning of life?
« on: February 26, 2008, 06:58:03 pm »

62?  42?  Or 42?  How about 52?

A few months ago, I heard a fragment of a radio piece on cell division.  There is some limit to the number of times it can be done, etc. 

I just googled the subject and found the Hayflick Limit on wikipedia.  Interesting that the number of divisions is also the number of cards in a Full Deck.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: What is the meaning of life?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 07:28:40 pm »

Yes I Remember This From Biology Class.

Jim I Am Sure You Have Noticed Your Skin Is Getting thinner.

I Have Noticed This A Few Years Ago, On My Lower Legs.

My Skin Tears Easier Also Like When I Snaged My hand On A Nail, Like I Did Yesterday, And Started To Drip Blood Onto A Customers Linoleum.

I think This Has Something To Do With The Skin Cell Limitations To Divide.

I Would Also Think That Your Ancestry May Also Play A Part Depending On Where Your Ancestors Came From, And other Genetic Factors.

I Have Often Believed That Living Underground May Allow You to Live Longer Due To The Shielding Of the Ground Cutting Out Some Of The Radiation From The Sun.

Also This Lengthening Of Life May Come With A Cost, Like You May then be More Susceptible From Exposure From The Sun And Other Bacterial Elements Due To Living In A Confined Space. Not Saying you Would Notice them but Your Ancestors Years From Now Would. Like A Simple Cold To Us Could Cause You To Die In The Future.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up