INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glissando 0.5a released - full mouse support  (Read 1366 times)

zigguratt

• World Citizen
Glissando 0.5a released - full mouse support
« on: August 06, 2002, 02:30:53 am »

This is to announce release 0.5a of Glissando. This release adds the long-awaited full mouse support.

Changes in version 0.5a:

* Two new buttons are available on-screen: "Close" and "Maximize/Restore".
* The "f" key now toggles Glissando between full screen and windowed mode.
* Arrow buttons have been added to either end of the progress and volume bars.
* Adding tracks or schemes to the current playlist no longer closes the Media Browser.
* The font size in lists has been increased for people viewing on TV.
* (Working) scroll bars and arrow buttons have been added to all lists.
* Tracks and schemes can now be selected with mouse clicks.
* The keys "<" and ">" have been changed to "[" and "]" to support single keystrokes.

There are still a couple of small issues to address, such as handling mouse cursor changes properly, but as far as I know there's nothing major. Please try this version out and let me know of anything that's not right. Once I hear from people and fix reported bugs this will be the 1.0 beta release of Glissando.

You can download the new version here.

Daniel Ellison
Toronto, Canada
daniel@syrinx.net
The latest version of Glissando can be had here.

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
RE:Glissando 0.5a released - full mouse support
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2002, 03:33:31 am »

Looks great... Works even better...

Posted minor issue in the AVS thread...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2002, 05:30:16 am »

Daniel,
Again, I can't say enough about how great this tool is.  I have a couple of items to bring up.

When searching for music to add to Playing Now, if you go in several layers, choose your songs, then use the left arrow on the pop up window to return to the main view, it always brings you back to the top of the list.  If you have several hundred artists, this means you have to scroll back through the list to get back to whatever point you may have been at.  Does this make sense?

Second, is it possible to add a delete or remove button to remove the current highlighted song from playing now?  Maybe this exists, but I have not found it yet.

Thanks

Drew

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2002, 05:35:19 am »

I found out how to remove a song from Playing Now.  Highlight the song, and hit the delete button.  I still think a button would be nice, but not a necessity.

Drew

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2002, 05:41:43 am »

PP: Thanks!

Drew: Thanks! :) I've added your Media Browser issue to my todo list. That "feature" bugs me too. As for deleting the current selection, you found the only way so far. I can't for the life of me think of where a delete button would go without it looking weird and confusing.

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2002, 06:25:48 am »

Daniel,
The delete functionality is fine as it is.  I was going to suggest that maybe it be added to the Keys.txt file, and when I went in to look at a suggested place for it, there it was staring me in the face, just as it was the first time I look at it, but was unable to see it.  Maybe I need new glasses!  Potentially if tool tips get added, then this issue could be revisited, as the explanation for the button would be there.  

I did find what appears to be a bug:  

Allow Glissando to play the last song in the playing now window.  Single click on the first file in the list, and hit the delete key.  That leaves no songs highlighted.  Hit the delete key again, and the following Microsoft Visual C|PLS||PLS| Runtime LIbrary message appears:
Runtime Error!
Program:C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\Media Jukebox.exe
Abnormal Program Termination

This shuts down MJ, and it gets real funky about how it lets you restart MJ, and Glissando.  This is all done on localhost.  

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks

Drew

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2002, 04:16:51 am »

Sorry for the absence recently, but my wife and I just spent the last two weeks packing, moving, unpacking, painting, etc. We still have LOTS to do, but I'm back at work now and so have some free time. :)

Drew:

It does look like you've found a real, honest-to-goodness bug! It's probably not hard to fix so I'll look at it for the 1.0 beta. If there are enough other issues before 1.0b I'll do a 0.5.1a release just to make sure everything's still stable. Thanks for pointing this out.

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2002, 08:58:35 am »

Drew,

I can't seem to reproduce this bug. I did exactly as you instructed and when I deleted the first track the last track remained highlighted. Can you give more details?

Thanks.

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2002, 10:33:01 am »

I will definatly do so, but I have been placed on a project out of town, and will not be able to do so till the weekend.  I will try it again and give you step by step instructions if I can repeat it, or let you know that I can't.

Drew

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2002, 10:47:33 am »

Thanks. I'll look forward to your update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up