INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: old last.fm plugin  (Read 1409 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
old last.fm plugin
« on: February 25, 2008, 02:27:29 am »

I just started using last.fm and ran into a problem pretty quickly. Not knowing how to integrate last.fm with MC (but knowing it is possible) I started out by downloading the official last.fm software. Since it didn't recognize MC I figured I must need a plugin. I then noticed the extras page on the last.fm site (http://www.last.fm/download/extras/) and in there the MC plugin, so I installed that. It seemed to install fine so then I went to check out the plugins list in MC and saw there was one there for last.fm (great, it worked!).

Those of you who are familar with last.fm probably already know the punchline. That last.fm plugin I saw in MC was actually there before I installe the one from the last.fm site. What I actually installed was a plugin that is labled Audioscrobbler.

The second punchline is that apparently the old Audioscrobbler plugin is installed such that it is always running (not just when visible) and this has some negative interaction with the last.fm plugin that causes MC to crash. After uninstalling the Audioscrobble plugin things are now fine.

So, I'd recommend that MC ask last.fm to remove the old plugin since it probably isn't useful to anyone anymore.

gummbah

• World Citizen
Re: old last.fm plugin
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 08:54:04 am »

No please don't ask them to remove the old plugin.
The new last.fm plugin does not work correctly when playing from a client machine, connected to a library server elsewhere.
The old plugin does it fine, so please don't remove, or fix the new plugin so that it can be used on client machines.

Cheers

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 10:32:38 am »

...  the old Audioscrobbler plugin is installed such that it is always running (not just when visible) and this has some negative interaction with the last.fm plugin that causes MC to crash. After uninstalling the Audioscrobble plugin things are now fine.

So, I'd recommend that MC ask last.fm to remove the old plugin since it probably isn't useful to anyone anymore.
We're working on getting it off their site.

gummbah, if you need the old one, please archive it.  It's caused a lot of problems for us (crashes if you aren't logged in).

gummbah

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 11:07:45 am »

We're working on getting it off their site.

gummbah, if you need the old one, please archive it.  It's caused a lot of problems for us (crashes if you aren't logged in).

I will, thanks.
Tell me, is the bug already fixed (or will it be in the future) regarding a client connected to a server not being able to send data to last.fm?

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 03:50:45 pm »

That bug was fixed around 6 weeks ago.  It should be in build >= 12.0.415:

18. Changed: Last.fm plugin now works with library server files.

gummbah

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 02:34:29 pm »

Hey indeed, it's working. Great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up