INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 Tag lookup feature  (Read 1240 times)

chuckm60090

MC12 Tag lookup feature
« on: March 05, 2008, 07:40:43 pm »

First, thanks for the help on upgrading from MJ12 to MC12.  Eveything installed and loaded without a hitch.
I've been playing around with it and it is really slick.  However, I do have a concern about the tag lookup feature to fix missing or wrong tags.
 Is the "Lookup Track Info From YADB" the only way to get tags from the internet?  I have quite a bit of "World" music, most of it German and Dutch which need tag updates.  I use this feature and nothing is ever found.  I've tried on several well known American oldies and it either finds nothing or it returns wrong information.  I know Winamp has a really good tag lookup and it pretty much always finds the info needed, even for German titles with the correct spelling(Special character letters).
  Is there plans for improving tag lookup in Media Center or is this just something I'll have to live with?
I could send some screen shots but I don't know of anyway to get them into this forum.

Thanks again for you help

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC12 Tag lookup feature
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 08:12:01 am »

One way would be to use another tool that writes the track information to cdplayer.ini. See the wiki at http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Where_does_the_tag_information_come_from%3F

After you get your tracks tagged, don't forget to upload them to YADB to help the next person.
Jeff

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 08:18:15 am »

I know Winamp has a really good tag lookup and it pretty much always finds the info needed, even for German titles with the correct spelling(Special character letters).

Winamp uses the Gracenote database. It is not a secret that Gracenote is more comprehensive than YADB.

You can use Winamp for lookups and easily update MC's libary from the file tags:

Select the files > right-click > Library Tools > Update Library (from tags)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 10:00:15 am »

I've been doing a lot of work to improve YADB, and there's still more to go. As always, feel free to post an artist and title, and I'll see what's going on.

j

chuckm60090

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 11:05:06 am »

Thanks John Gateley, dcwebman and Alex B for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up