INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More about my Karma - deleted files don't get removed...  (Read 1181 times)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
More about my Karma - deleted files don't get removed...
« on: March 06, 2008, 01:25:57 pm »

First off - MC support for Rio Karma is better then ever now. Much better than 200 builds ago (I am on MC12.0.451). I finally can actually sync.. Thanks!
One problem still there - if I delete some files from Karma from MC's sync list - those files/titles do get removed from the list, if I click "Recheck sync" - nothing changes (this is good). However, if I add some new files the sync list, those previously deleted titles show up in the list again - to get rid of them I need to unplug/plug the player's USB cable..
Is this Karma-specific or other players have this prob too?
Not a big deal, though..
Thanks!
--max

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
Re: More about my Karma - deleted files don't get removed...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 02:59:17 pm »

bump

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
Re: More about my Karma - deleted files don't get removed...
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 12:37:07 pm »

Just found an interesting thing... I reinstalled XP and installed MC12 and Rio software from scratch. After the reinstall the sync with Karma was broken again. I checked - all drivers and wares were the same as on the old (working) system.
Symptoms (I had this before but it fixed itself after a few months of me randomly clicking around, installing/reinstalling/upgrading):
-- upon mp3 file transfer, MC increments the track numbers by 1, when MC reads the library back from Karma it decrements track numbers by 1 - this leads to mismatch and same files getting transferred again and again.
-- unicode tags wouldn't transfer correctly

After a couple of hours of fooling around I found an obscure option in Rio Music Manager (RMM) which has to do with how it handles unicode. I unchecked that option:
-- it fixed the unicode problem,
-- and strangely enough the track increment problem too

It's a bit weird since I thought that the drivers handle everything...

All is working now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up