INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unnecessary repainting  (Read 910 times)

plas

• Junior Woodchuck
Unnecessary repainting
« on: May 18, 2003, 02:04:15 am »

When I click on the organization tree, MJ repaints the menu and toolbar, changes window title to inactive and then back to active, then repaints organization tree 3 times. I have to wait 2 seconds until I can see the songs in content view. It would be better to change order of painting. The first should be content view, the second organization tree and the third could be the status bar. There is no reason to repaint toolbar and menu.

If I switch from MJ to another application or switch from another application back to MJ, then MJ repaints entire window. It is not necessary to repaint everything if these windows do not overlap. Other applications repaint only their window titles.

If MJ is minimalized and then restored, then the window is repainted more than once.

When the volume is changed, MJ repaints the tree twice. Once when the mouse button is pressed and once when the mouse button is released. Why doesn't MJ redraw only the volume control ?

I know that there many other serious bugs that should be fixed. But I don't have enough money to buy 3 GHz processor to run MJ. I hope that it is not so difficult to solve these performance problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up