INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Better use of CDDB2  (Read 821 times)

Dubster

• Recent member
  • Computer Software Designer
Better use of CDDB2
« on: August 05, 2002, 05:43:04 am »

There must be some way to use CDDB2 with already ripped files, but I can't seem to figure it out.  I've all these files representing complete CD's and unless I re-rip them it seems I have to manually enter everything about them but artist and track title.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Better use of CDDB2
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2002, 05:59:03 am »

I do not understand your question if you have one.

if you would like to look up a mp3, select the mp3, then right click then select properties, then tools, then the cddb option.

this will lookup a mp3 and if found will enter the fields of data for you.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Bill Ko

• Junior Woodchuck
RE:Better use of CDDB2
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2002, 06:40:21 am »

I think he's trying to say that you can't get CDDB info on tracks that you have already ripped without CDDB CD info.  When trying to get the CDDB info by doing what you said (I experimented with some older files that I had ripped from before), King, it comes up with an error it says:

Which is ridiculous, because the file info I had from before WAS CDDB info!

I can reproduce the same problem.  Fortunately, all my previously ripped tracks had CDDB info already (ironically, in MJ version 7.x, you COULD rip single tracks and have CDDB get the info for you.  I think it's actually a change in the way CDDB is now being implemented, not with anything MJ is doing).

Bill

[img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE]YOUR NAME[img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE][img=URL TO IMAGE]
Pages: [1]   Go Up