INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Needing Album Covers To Be Viewed Over Media Server  (Read 1311 times)

Patrick Dalton

Needing Album Covers To Be Viewed Over Media Server
« on: August 05, 2002, 02:07:35 am »

Hello,

I am a Media Jukebox user. I have started using the Media Server function to server the music to the computer upstairs. I have spent hours & hours organizing my files so that I had the correct album cover jpeg's with the proper listings. When I listen to music over the Media Server.....It does not transfer the cover art to the "Track Info" display. I really want it to do this. Am I missing something? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Patrick

rond

RE:Needing Album Covers To Be Viewed Over Media Server
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2002, 01:02:50 pm »

I also would love to be able to do this, I think it would be a great feature, but have been told that it is not designed to do it.  I have posted to the wish list, and if enough people would also like to see this feature in the future, make sure you do likewise and maybe it will come about in a future version.  I have also suggested that someone could maybe create some sort of plugin or track info page that would do this. Keep trying, if a feature is requested enough JRiver is very good at listening to it's customers.

Blairis

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2002, 01:19:53 pm »

It does work actually.  There's a trick.  Make sure that under options the directory in which the images are stored is mapped to exactly the same shared drive letter and directory.

EG.  Set both computer's Cover Art directory under options to M:\Cover Art

If it is a local drive to one of the computers map it anyway so that the same drive letter can be used on the other computer.

Obviously this is only going to be convenient within your local area network.

mountainman

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2002, 09:22:28 pm »

I tried this and cannot get it to work.  Both machines are using a network drive letter (M:) with identical path after that.  I don't get cover art when I connect to the media server from a remote machine, but I do when on the local machine (and don't use media server).

I can see how this would work if you don't use media server, i.e., copy all of your MJ configuration files over to the second computer.  

You can get this to work using media server, Blairis?

Blairis

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2002, 05:26:10 pm »

Works fine for me on version 8.0.336.

I don't think that this will fix existing files with images attached as they will be pointing at the old directory.

Try attaching a new picture to a song on the server computer.

mountainman

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2002, 08:12:59 pm »

Humm...something fishy here.  I still can not get it to work.

I am also using version 8.0.336 on both machines.  I just added cover art to an album that has never had cover art on the server machine.

I do not have the option checked about saving cover art inside the file if possible.  All of my cover art is going to M:/music/cover art/.

On the client machine, I can use Microsoft Paint and view the .jpg file for the album I just added by looking directly at M:/music/covert art...so it's not an access/permission problem.

I am running Windows 2000 on both machines.  What OS are you using?

Blairis

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2002, 05:25:08 pm »

I'm using XP on both machines but this shouldn't make a difference.  Did you reconnect to the server from the client after tagging the new album art to the file?  I've noticed that the client doesn't see any of these database changes until you reconnect.

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2002, 09:00:52 pm »

If I switch the cover art directory, do I have to assign the cover art to the files again or is it possible to "mass update" the database?

Thanks.

mountainman

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2002, 09:11:08 pm »

Yes, I re-connected to the server after adding the cover art.  In the visualization window I get, "Media Jukebox cannot display visualizations for this file type.  Visualizations are only available for internally supported file types. (mp3, ogg, wav, ape, etc.)"  I haven't found anything I can click to make it display track info.  Maybe that's the problem?

I am listening to a wav file.  It does not have the cover art inside the file (I see the file plain as day at the directory location I specified.)  Maybe this only works if the cover art is inside the file?  But you are getting this to work by specifying a specific location for cover art and not inside files, so that doesn't correlate.

It seems like I read in a thread a while back that this is not supposed to work.  It's hard to argue with your success, though!

What kind of file type are you using?
Pages: [1]   Go Up