INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can MC-12 auto-rip when adding song to playlist?  (Read 1023 times)

bbmpperry

• Recent member
Can MC-12 auto-rip when adding song to playlist?
« on: March 11, 2008, 10:57:45 am »

This feature is available in iTunes, but I notice that it doesn't seem to be available in MC-12. 

What I'm looking to do is insert a CD into the drive and from there simply drag a song title (as listed on the CD) straight into a playlist and from there MC-12 will automatically rip the song that was dragged.

Is this possible in MC-12?

Thanks,

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Can MC-12 auto-rip when adding song to playlist?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 10:28:35 am »

I think this is the first time anyone has requested a feature like that. I don't think MC has that option.

MC allows you to play Audio CDs directly from the disc (you can even create a database of your off-line discs: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31061.0) or you can rip the complete discs or individual tracks. However, when ripping individual tracks you need the select the tracks to be ripped separately. MC has an auto-rip feature which works when an Audio CD is inserted (check your ripping options).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bbmpperry

• Recent member
Re: Can MC-12 auto-rip when adding song to playlist?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 01:16:01 pm »

Right, Im familiar with the auto-rip feature.  I've also noticed something else as far as auto-rip is concerned (or at least I think auto-rip is concerned)....

When putting in a disc, sometimes I get a window that opens up asking me to enter info for the disc in "batch format" (all songs at once) before performing the actual rip.  Sometimes though, that doesn't happen.  It'll just start ripping and then I'm left to tag all songs, one at a time.

Do you think that the number of songs on a disc that is being ripped might have anything to do with that batch edit window popping up at what appears to be random times???
Pages: [1]   Go Up