INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ8 "Locks Up" While Importing Music  (Read 980 times)

varaonaid

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MJ8 "Locks Up" While Importing Music
« on: May 17, 2003, 05:52:02 am »

Hello,

I'm having a problem with MJ8.  I've tried 6 times now to import new music into the library and each time, it stops responding.  It "locks up" and I have to use task manager to force it to close.  I've tried it with nothing else running, I've rebooted many times and still, it has the same problem.  This is a new problem since I upgraded to the newest version.  I'm running Win2K on a P3-750mhz, 256mb ram.  MJ8 version 8.0.398.  I'd really appreciate any help you could give in this matter.  Thanks!

Rachel

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MJ8 "Locks Up" While Importing Music
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2003, 06:10:01 am »

it may be that you have a bad media file your trying to import.

it would be helpfull if you try to import and devide the files up and find the ofending file.

if you do find the file MJ8 locks up on I am sure J river would like to have a copy of the media file so they can fix that possible bug.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

varaonaid

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: MJ8 "Locks Up" While Importing Music
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2003, 10:32:19 am »

Hi!

Thanks for the info.  I did as you said and imported files a few at a time from my music directory by right clicking and choosing media jukebox>import.  It appears the file that was stumping it was a large .nrg file.  I didn't even know it had been written in that location and the file didn't burn correctly.  I'm nearly positive that was the problem and MJ8 is importing correctly again.  Thanks!

Rachel
Pages: [1]   Go Up