INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bizarre iPod sync transfer problem  (Read 1202 times)

BlakeH

bizarre iPod sync transfer problem
« on: March 13, 2008, 05:43:34 pm »

I have MC12 and a 60GB iPod. They usually get along swimmingly. Since updating MC from 11 to 12, I've already synced it with this iPod several times after ripping new files that I wanted on the handheld, rejiggering playlists, etc. Each time MC has correctly detected 40 or 60 or however many new files for transfer and done it all perfectly.

Last night, I ripped about 100 files from CDs onto MC and played around with some playlists. This morning, as I've done many times, I wanted to sync the new stuff and reworked playlists with the iPod so I could listen at work. But instead of detecting about 100 new files to transfer, MC wanted to transfer all 11,000 files to the iPod, which already has almost all of those files. That would a) put 2 of everything on the iPod and b) exceed the iPod's limit. I looked at the iPod window in MC and saw that, yes, MC already sees nearly 11,000 files on the iPod. Why, all of a sudden, might MC think it needs to transfer more than 10,000 files that it has alread transferred to the same iPod when it has only sought to transfer files not already on there during past syncs? Would telling MC to delete all iPod files not on the sync list help, or would it see that the files already on the iPod are on the sync list and still try to put a bunch of duplicates on it? I could manually do it, I guess, but I would like to get back the convenience of just plugging in the iPod and having MC know exactly what to do.

Am I making any sense?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: bizarre iPod sync transfer problem
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 05:52:55 pm »

We've found a minor Daylight Savings Time problem.  If you wait a few days, there should be a fix.

BlakeH

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 06:04:07 pm »

Thanks for the reply. Where will I find said fix?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 06:07:48 pm »

It will be posted on the MC12 board in a few days.   We need to make sure it's working.  Sorry for the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up