INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A simple Theater View request  (Read 1330 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
A simple Theater View request
« on: March 13, 2008, 10:05:55 pm »

I have a few playlists that are large enough to take up several 'pages' of thumbnails in thumbnail view. It would be very nice if Theter View would return to the item that was being played when you stop playback. Currently, it reverts back to the first line of thumbnails in the playlist. This is quite annoying when I'm manually making screen grabs for thumbnails for example. I have to keep scrolling down to the next movie after completing the previous one. I'm sure a "return to beginning" button or commnad could be made available to those that really need to start at the top again for whatever reason.

Would this be possible, and does anyone else want this, or object to it?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: A simple Theater View request
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 02:27:34 pm »

A little bump for the 50+ views and no opinions so far.  ;)

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 05:25:57 am »

A little bump for the 50+ views and no opinions so far.  ;)

Ok, I'll bite  ;)

It would be very nice if Theter View would return to the item that was being played when you stop playback.

You're talking about extending the behaviour Playing Now adopts right? Ie, every time you enter playing now, the cursor jumps to the last played, or currently playing track. I think this could be a good idea for playlists too. I don't know... some might argue that being placed in an arbitratry list position for certain play states could be confusing. FWIW, I'm personally cool with the idea though.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:26:52 am »

Thanks for the reply, raym.

Yes, I mean that after pressing stop during a movie playback, the thumbnail for that movie is the one selected. Let's say I just want to show someone a 30 second excerpt of Toy Story because I'm showing them random segments of my Movies playlist (about 300 items). After pressing stop, I'm returned to the first item of my thumbnail view (3:10 to Yuma). Since I've been showing my friend excerpts of random movies, in alphabetical order, I now have to scroll all the way down to pick my next movie e.g. Underworld.
If my request is implemented, the thumbnail of the movie that was being played would be the one highlighted when you hit stop. If it's not so clear, I'll add some screenshots when I get home to illustrate the point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up