INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files won't play when clicked but will if I right click and choose play?  (Read 1126 times)

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck

I am running Media Center 12.0.451. I recently moved all my music file to a 4TB Buffalo terastation.  I cleared my library and did an auto import.  All my music file are showing up but something very odd is happening. When I click Audio in the top left I get a list of all my track in the bottom right pane. I normally have shuffle on and click play. When I do this the track progress bar moves as if the file is playing but I get no sound ? :( Also if i double click on a file in the bottom right pane the exact same thing happens.  However, if I right click on a file and chose play the file plays fine... sound and all ;D

Any help would be appreciated I am stumped. I have normally listen to my collection this way.... just shuffle it all and click play. This no longer works :-\

Thanks in advance for any help,
Keith

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck

One thing I thought of.... could my problem be that I my library points to a mapped drive that doesn't have a "music" folder with "artists" each track path is now something like "M:\Arab Strap\Redline"  where as, before I moved my music, it was "T:\music\Arab Strap\Redline".

As I continue play around with it I noticed that the only way files will play is if I am within a certain artist within "artists/Album".  Also if I click on "Audio" it shows all files but the next and preivious buttons refuse to work.  Not sure if this bit of info will help pinpoint the problem or just serve to confuse ? 

Keith

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

In MC12, there is a "Find and Replace" under Library Tools.  You could use it to change the drive letter in the library from T: to M:, for example.

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck

Sorry... I'm not being clear.  Also the problem is so bizzare it is hard to get it to behave coonsistantly. As far as the paths to the files They are all correct.  they now all point to a network drive ie "\\Terafrank4\music\Skylab\#1\01_River of Bass_Skylab#1.mp3".  The files will play here are the conditions under which they do not.

I start Media Center
I click "Audio" in the top of the left pane.
my entire library shows in the large bottom right pane.
I click the play button since shuffle is on Media center choses a file every indication is that it is playing that file time is changing at the top, the cover art is showing and the progress bar is proceeding from left to right.
There is no sound!
I click now playing and the correct file is at the top of the list in the bottom right pane.
I can click pause and play the time moves and stops .... still no sound
I can click next go to the next file in the list it begins playing... still no sound.

I click Auidio in the top left again.... the list in the bottom right changes to all my files I double click a file and it plays... this time with sound
but now the next button does nothing. I cllick it but Media center does not move to the next File in the list. but I can double click another file in the list and it will play with sound.

I am extremely puzzled

Please help if you can,
Keith

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck

Did a full uninstall and reinstall.   Looks like we are back up and running ;D.. still.... strange ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up