INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rio Karma  (Read 1150 times)

wakarimasen

Rio Karma
« on: March 16, 2008, 04:41:28 am »

Hello Folks,

Whilst being a Linux user, I used Amarok extensively.  Coupled with my Rio Carbon, I could get Podcasts and carry my music collection - it worked very well.

Having switched to Windows and a Rio Karma, I started using MC as it was the only software that seemed to offer everything I needed - podcast support, plus recognition of the Karma.  However, I am increasingly frustrated by problems in transferring music to the Karma.  Some wma files and mp3s simply won't go, and sometimes the connection drops altogether.  Finally frustrated yesterday, I tried using Real Player (yes - Real!) which worked so well, I spent an hour sifting though my collection and transferring 1GB of music: something I haven't been able to do so far (without problems) with MC.

For me MC is still an excellent product, but my question is this: why can Real transfer music without problems, whereas I struggle to do the same with MC?

I am using version 12.0.451, have the latest drivers (and RMM) installed and have tries most suggestions found elsewhere within this forums.

Best regards

RoyM

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Rio Karma
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 04:38:57 pm »

I also use Karma with MC... Had a number of problems (reported here) in the past but lately the Karma support in MC was pretty good. I did have situations when some files wouldn't transfer or transfer and then won't play or transfered and then marked by Karma as "bad" and removed (by Karma) etc. I now use a hand-held cache for transfer to basically re(down)convert all files transferred and also to remove cover art from tags (if any). I don't do this too often as my Karma is almost full and I just add a couple of albums there once in a long while.
One problem which is still bugging me - some files do play but the playback stops once this problem file ends (the player wouldn't advance to the next title in the playlist) - sometimes hitting _Next_ advances to the next track and the playback resumes, sometimes I have to hit _Next_ and reboot the player.. This only seems to happen to tracks with unicode tags..
Transfer through RMM or Media Monkey or WMP10 never cause any problem but of cause they are not as good as MC for organizing and generating sync playlists.
Is there anything as good as Karma on the market now? It's ideal for a car mp3 player - very easy to operate without looking (try doing this with a touchscreen) and the dock is ideally shaped for placing next to the gear-stick so that the karma nipple is right where your thumb is...
Pages: [1]   Go Up