INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: strange Audible activation message  (Read 2797 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
strange Audible activation message
« on: March 13, 2008, 09:25:02 pm »

I'm having a weird problem with Audible Device Activation. I recently rebuilt my PC at work and now when I'm using MC the Audible Device Activation popup window keeps appearing. This is strange for 2 reasons:

1. It says "The Portable Device must be activated...", but I don't have any portable device configured from my work PC.
2. I'm not listening or accessing any of my Audible files.

At home I do indeed have Audible files and a portable device, but all of that works fine and is not related to my work PC. Also, I should mention that I am using my home MC Library from work, so the library does contain Audible files, but they are not in any of the playlists I'm listening to.

I'm sure someone might think I should just activate my work PC, but I don't want to do this for a few reasons. First, I tried and it didn't work  :P, probably because I've hit the Audible activation limit. Second, I don't plan on accessing my Audible files from work, so there's no need to.

I should emphasize that the real problem is that I can't get rid of this popup window. If I cancel it just keeps reappearing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Re: strange Audible activation message
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 04:24:01 am »

Can I assume the deafening silence means that no one else is seeing this problem?

Is there any reason the act of having Audible files would cause them to be accessed even when I'm not listening to them or have them in my playlist?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:14:21 am »

It may be because MC is trying to analyze the files.

It may also be our problem.

You could make two libraries (File/Library Manager) and keep the Audible files in a different Library than the one you use at work.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 09:42:30 pm »

Audio analysis was causing the same audible login box to appear for me too, before I had my audible files activated on that computer. Can MC even analyse these files? If not, then I suggest having it skip that file type by defualt.

I've had enough of audible. Untaggable files, and activation limits that border on the facist (even when you want to listen to an audio book through a browser by streaming, you have to use one of your activations on that computer). I'm currently converting all mine to mp3s, and then I'll cancel my subscription.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 11:10:38 pm »

I'd suspect that MC can at least analyze the reply gain of an Audible file (and try to analyze the beats per minute, although that's a little silly for spoken word). I believe all of my files have been analyzed, though, so I do wonder what MC is doing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up