INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.459  (Read 6091 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.459
« on: March 19, 2008, 12:02:32 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
[build pulled -- see WMA post below]

12.0.459 (3/18/2008)

1. NEW: Added option not to play DirectShow audio types in JRiver Audio renderer (MJ WaveBin Filter).
2. Fixed: In rare cases, two threaded imports working on the same folder could create database duplicates.
3. Fixed: With auto-install after 30 seconds enabled, the scroll position of the EULA could get reset.
4. Changed: During a "Custom" install, online metadata options can be configured.
5. Changed: It's possible to get online metadata without allowing the program to contribute corrections.
6. Changed: Getting cover art and analyzing audio are enabled by default in auto-import options.
7. Changed: Added manual cover art submission back to the "Cover Art" submenu.
8. Fixed: When playing audio in DX player engine, the "Aspect Ratio" submenu was still displayed.
9. Fixed: For some audio types the user's choice to play the types in DirectShow was not honored when MC found an installed output plug-in for the types.
10. NEW: Reads and writes track replay gain and peak values to MP3 id3 tags that is compatible with several other players.
11. Changed: "MJ WaveBin Filter" is renamed "JRiver Audio Renderer".
12. Fixed: Tooltips inside webpages could get incorrectly skinned.

12.0.458 (3/18/2008)

1. Fixed: Handheld sync space estimates would not be correct when files needed to be updated and the option to delete files not in sync was unselected.
2. Fixed: Search box cursor did not position correctly when scrolling the text horizontally.
3. Fixed: Number to string conversion did not work properly for high precision floating point numbers (only applies to 457).
4. Fixed: Pressing backspace while the focus was in an expression editing control could switch views.

12.0.457 (3/17/2008)

1. Fixed: Multi-line values like Bios and Lyrics would not draw nicely in file lists.
2. NEW: iPod > Right-click > Compact Database will offer to remove orphaned files. (files in the Music folder, but not in the database)
3. Fixed: Duplicate-style smartlist rules didn't work properly with renamed database fields.
4. Fixed: Player window volume menu would not be clickable (only applies to 456).
5. Fixed: Revised the look of a wait message, and fixed a bug where the progress bar could draw out of place with certain skins.
6. Fixed: When moving the scrollbar in lists and the tree, the scrolled content would not always move right away.
7. Changed: Updated the installer artwork.
8. Fixed: FormatNumber(...) would incorrectly format numbers around .95 and above.
9. Fixed: TV FF/REW could be running at much slower rate than desired rate.
10. Changed: Handheld Audio conversion stack options streamlined.  It is now on or off.
11. NEW: Stacked files created by the handheld conversion engine now have "stack tag" tagged with "HH Conversion".
12. Changed: Handheld conversion cache options have been removed from the app.  (conversion stacks is replacing it.)
13. Changed: Default for HH use conversion stack option is FALSE.
14. Fixed: With the Obsidian Theater View skin, buttons and the time could overlap in some views.
15. Fixed: Some text would not wrap properly in Theater View.
16. Fixed: MC always wants to sync a device even though no files transfer to it or get deleted from it.
17. Changed: The "Find & Replace" and "Clean Properties" dialogs use the display name for a field instead of the internal name.
18. Fixed: Sometimes MC could report that two fields changed when tagging during playback when only one field really changed. (was reporting internal bookmark change)
19. Fixed: After a tooltip timed-out, it could reappear with no mouse movement.

12.0.456 (3/14/2008)

1. Fixed: Some text characters would not render in lists.
2. Fixed: TV Aspect ratio did not work in recent builds.
3. Fixed: When adding a file to an existing stack a new top was being created.
4. Fixed: When adding a file to an existing collapsed stack was not adding all the stack files.
5. Changed: Multi-selection in-place editing in the panes is allowed.
6. Changed: The "All" pane item can no longer be in-placed edited.
7. Fixed: With a portable install, file tagging would not work properly.
8. Fixed: Disconnected handhelds could incorrectly show up in the options dialog in certain cases.
9. Fixed: iPod volume adjustment settings were not preserved between sessions.

12.0.455 (3/12/2008)

1. Fixed: TV channel switching confirmation was not done when user switched channel using right-click context menu.
2. Fixed: Dates that fall very near the DST boundaries could be handled incorrectly - this caused continual resyncing of some files.
3. Fixed: Autostacking files created by the handheld conversion could fail.
4. Fixed: Fast Forward (Ctrl + Right Arrow) did not work for TV time-shifting after time-shifting had been run for longer than the preset time-shifting window.
5. Changed: Revised output plugins to use newer UI system. (reduces size of library, and better accomodates user selected fonts and translations)

12.0.454 (3/10/2008)

1. Fixed: "Play Radio" command would not show up in the player menu when right-clicking the playback display.
2. Fixed: On screen display would not render properly (only applies to build 453).
3. Fixed: 'Initialize iPod' not working correctly on iPhones & Touch's.
4. Changed: Podcast's were listed on iPods by their author, they are now listed by podcast name.
5. Fixed: Some text drawing artifacts from build 453.
6. Changed: Reworked options dialog to use newer window and control engine. (should be internal change)
7. Changed: More text drawing is done with the new text system introduced in build 453.
8. NEW: Stack directory and naming rule options for HH conversions.  (When converting and stacking files it will use these settings.)
9. NEW: Only Use Stack Files from Stack Directory option added to HH conversions.
10. Changed: The iPhone Support feature can be turned off in general > advanced settings.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
Re: Media Center 12.0.459
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:27:48 pm »

There was a warning about Ipods and detection in Vista with build 456. Has this been fixed for build 459?

Don't see anything about this on the changelog.

Thanks. John.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 02:41:07 pm »

Those should be fixed.

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 02:54:24 pm »

2. NEW: iPod > Right-click > Compact Database will offer to remove orphaned files. (files in the Music folder, but not in the database)

The feature from 458 to compact the Ipod database, and remove orphaned files works very nice.

It removed about 179 files that I did not even know were there. The only thing I wish is that it let you see what the actual titles were. I did a spot check and most of them were christmas stuff that I removed (or thought I did) from the ipod.

Now if you could only add support to edit\rename etc the on-the-go playlists directly on the ipod...

thanks

mattsnuts

• Junior Woodchuck
  • that'll do
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 03:08:04 pm »

Last.fm plugin doesn't work with portable install. Is there a work-around?

This isn't unique to this build, the last.fm plugin has never worked with a portable install.

-Matt

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 03:13:12 pm »

Not all plug-ins will work.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 03:34:48 pm »

As previously posted, Artist Info does not work properly when activated from the top toolbar button

Artist Info, when used from under Playing Now (displays within MC) brings up the proper result,
but using the Artist Info on the customized top Toolbar (displays in default browser) brings up erroneous results due to improper syntax:

from both MC12 and MJ12, AMG is giving this search:
DAVE MASON-AD-ALBUM=ALONE TOGETHER-AD-TITLE=ONLY YOU KNOW AND I KNOW
. . . the game is rigged

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 04:10:34 pm »

Those should be fixed.

Thank you very much.

m1abrams

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 06:57:46 pm »

10. NEW: Reads and writes track replay gain and peak values to MP3 id3 tags that is compatible with several other players.

Does this also apply to FLAC files using vorbis comments?

Steve C

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 07:30:49 am »

MC still not recognising Ipod touch capacity, It reports I have 3.7 of 7.5GB this despite it being a 16GB touch. As reported previously I have reset to factory settings in itunes, but still it reports the same 3.7/7.5 issue, both when the touch is empty & has tracks on.

Another question, will MC add the album art to the touch during the sync process?

Cheers, Steve

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 09:30:32 am »

[...] 7. Changed: Updated the installer artwork.[...]

Sorry, but I liked the old artwork better. Looked much more professional before.

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 09:53:25 am »

As I reported on the last few public builds, the Tivo server has stopped working for me. 

I still connect fine, can browse playlists, browse by disk location, select songs, etc..... they just never play. 

No errors in the log, I can advance to the next track - but never ff or rewind in a song.  It just displays the track info without moving the time elapsed.....This displayed progress bar remains at 0:00

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 12:06:10 pm »

I've just updated to your current release and now I keep getting this message:
"You may not have installed on your computer DirectShow filters to for decoding
the type of files your are trying to play.  Please install appropriate filters and try again."

What is this all about.

Skylar

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 12:12:23 pm »

What filetype are you trying to play?

DirectShow filters are configured under Settings/Playback.

There is a DirectShow guide in the Wiki here.  See above for link.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 12:27:45 pm »

In Options > Playback > DirectShow Settings..., uncheck WMA.

It got checked by accident, and will cause WMA problems.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Steve C

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 04:56:22 pm »

Any ideas on the Ipod touch capacity issue? 3.7/7.5 despite it being 16GB ?

zzoemie

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 05:03:30 pm »

Hi,

The downloadlink is gone???????

Greets

m1abrams

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 08:32:39 pm »

I know this build has been pulled.  However one thing I noticed with it is after installing it.  I went to sync my ipod and now it wants to resync every music file.  Note my music is FLAC and is transcoded to mp3 on sync.  I am not letting it sync because 6000+ songs takes a long time.  Anyone else notice this?  If so I will wait on syncing until next release.

drc

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.459 (Possible Bug)
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 01:15:51 am »

All of my Album coveres are now the same.  I changed 3 song's album cover and when I looked to see how they came out everything is now the same.  If you change a cover art which belongs to an album, it changes all the cover art for that album to the same Cvr.  And it seems to infiltrate the backup system.   Basically, if i played the song from the backup it has the same cover. 

Maybe it's a setting that I'm not aware of.  But I have always had different pictures to diifernt song even in the same album.

Please research this matter...

m1abrams

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 08:51:43 am »

I know this build has been pulled.  However one thing I noticed with it is after installing it.  I went to sync my ipod and now it wants to resync every music file.  Note my music is FLAC and is transcoded to mp3 on sync.  I am not letting it sync because 6000+ songs takes a long time.  Anyone else notice this?  If so I will wait on syncing until next release.

Ok my issue maybe my ipod.  This morning when I tried playing it, many songs would not play.  After a little while I did a reset of the ipod and they started playing fine again.  So when I get home this evening I will see what MC wants to do with it.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 07:43:47 pm »

I have been having some issues with slow tagging updates in MC12. In an attempt to find a resolve I tried using MJ12 as a comparison.

In my case MJ12 is definately noticably much faster in editing file tags than MC12

When browsing folders in MC and making tag changes inthe file list I was waiting for 15 to 30 seconds or more for MC12 to change any tags I edit, whether the tags are saved int he file tags or only kept in the database.
After switching to MJ for my tagging efforts there is a vast improvement.

This is in spite of having the same files imported into each MC and MJ. (I used a library backup from MC to load MJ after install, then ran import so both files and view schemes are identical)

Any ideas as to what may be bogging down MC? 
It is really lagging.
. . . the game is rigged

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 08:00:22 pm »

Visualization integrated into track info pages breaks down on track change. Resizing the window or hitting play/pause twice brings it back.

djp

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 11:31:07 pm »

I'm guessing that this is due to switching to the conversion stack approach, which (using defaults) seems to ignore the old Conversion Cache. While there may be a way to set the Conversion Stack settings to use the old Conversion Cache (if there is, I haven't seen the post), I just let MC reconvert the files (ape in my case) and store them with the originals.

However, all still does not appear to be well. I've found two serious issues so far:
1) Converted mp3 files are stored where they are supposed to be, and don't appear as separate files in the catalog (which is correct). However, copies of the converted files are also stored in the temp directory, and these files do appear in the catalog as separate files (with a stack tag of 0). I end up deleting these by hand.
2) When I finish syncing the iPod, then press Recheck Sync, it should say device is fully synced. Rather, it says that all of the songs that were ape files must be resynced. Each of these songs appear 3 times in the sync details: once as Duplicate, once as In Queue (both of these identified as the ape file), and once as Delete on Resync (identified as the iPod mp3 file). It will then proceed to reupload every one of those files (though at least it doesn't convert them again).

So, bugs or a config error on my part?
Pages: [1]   Go Up