INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions About Playlists  (Read 1264 times)

Fiction

• Recent member
Questions About Playlists
« on: March 25, 2008, 01:09:18 am »

1. Can I add or re-order songs in smartlist/playlists? 

2. How do I drag and drop songs from the library to a playlist and view the playlist at the same time (like you could in MusicMatch)?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Questions About Playlists
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 05:26:07 am »

1. Can I add or re-order songs in smartlist[...]? 
You can't re-order them.

1. Can I add or re-order songs in [...]playlists?[...]
You can re-order them easily using drag&drop. Just select the playlist in the left tree pane and drag&drop the files on the right side.

If your re-ordering activities are not visible in the tracklist, you may have to click at the header of the first column ("Seq"). The number displayed there allways shows the order of the files in the playlist, even if you have set the playlist to be displayed ordered by eg. Name. If you hit the button "update order" at the top bar of any playlist (right side of MC window) the Playlist order will get synched to the actually displayed order (have a look at the "Seq" column before and after hitting "update order").

Note: this only works for playlist itself! It's not possible to re-order smartlists or Playlist Groups, because these are calculated lists.

[...]
2. How do I drag and drop songs from the library to a playlist and view the playlist at the same time (like you could in MusicMatch)?
[...]

There are some ways to to this. Here are my favourite ones:

1.:
Right click on "Playing Now" or the Playlist you want to edit and select "Edit Playing Now [or "Playlist"] in Action Window..." and you'll see the Playlist in the Action Window (in the lower left area of MJ).

2.:
[I just saw, that this one only works with Media Center, sorry]
Select "View -> Split View -> Rows" or "View -> Split View -> Columns" and you'll see a splitted screen showing two independend filelists. You can drag&drop from one to another.
Pages: [1]   Go Up