INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: in line recording with FREE Media Jukebox  (Read 1196 times)

royalty

in line recording with FREE Media Jukebox
« on: March 27, 2008, 08:21:31 am »

Does the free Media Jukebox support in-line recording through my soundcard (which has a line input jack) to MP3, or do I need the Media Center?

Pogle

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: in line recording with FREE Media Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 09:56:55 am »

Bump.
I just popped by to ask the very same question.
I've been using MediaCenter for yonks and have just been recording some cassettes to hard drive. Works great with wait-for-sound, track splitting, silence removal, normalisation, etc. Just type in the artist and album beforehand and it all ends up in the right place on disc and in the database.

I want to know if you can do this MediaJukebox so I can recommend it to a friend who wants to do the same.

The icing on my cake would be the ability to copy a whole list of track names from the web and paste them all in in one go.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 04:29:06 am »

It looks like MJ12 has the same sound recorder. I have not tried it, but I don't think it is crippled in any way.

You can install MJ12 and try it yourself. You can have MC12 and MJ12 installed at the same time without problems. Though, you may want to select the custom install option and don't let MJ12 grab the file associations.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Pogle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 05:22:52 am »

Thanks Alex.
Pages: [1]   Go Up