INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CANNOT Recover CoverArt from "restore library" after reformatting harddisk  (Read 765 times)

monsterman

• Recent member

Help needed to backup coverart to movies.

I have an external hard disk that have 2 folders, one contain Coverart and the other contain all the movies.

I used MC12 to playback these movies and have Manually add cover at to each individual movies folder.

Now i decided to reformat my hard-disk. I wanted to backup those movies folders (with Coverart) so that i could recover them again after i reformat my system hardisk and reinstall MC12.

I used the method LIBRARY > BACK UP LIBRARY and save the backup folder/file in my External HDD.

I then went to reformat my system HDD and reinstall XP and MC 12 again.

I then use LIBRARY > RESTORE LIBRARY, Click on that "restore file" from my external hdd to restore those movies.

Was dissappointed that i was unable to restore those folders with the coverart.

What went wrong and what should i do to avoid such issues from happening again?

Pls advice me how i can backup the video library with coverart and recover them again, especially after reformatting my system HDD.

plS HELP....

I started to do manual coverart attachement again(100+ FOLDERS) and hope would not lose them  if i have to reformat my hdd again.

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

You should always put in a 'cover art' file.  Since I have so many I always keep a copy if my covert art file separate just in case.  Plus I use Acronis to backup
to my backup to a separate backup drive just in case, so I can always recover.  Crashes and other things happen and you can lose so much, especially if you have a lot media in your MC.

Skylar
Pages: [1]   Go Up