INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rhapsody and MC12  (Read 10785 times)

statious

• Recent member
Rhapsody and MC12
« on: March 29, 2008, 02:32:03 pm »

It seems that many people who use MC12 also have rhapsody. Almost a year ago, I had brought up the question about MC12 being not only a server but a client as well for UPnP. I have spent about two weeks trying different programs, Softsqueeze + Squeezeserver, XBMC, On2Share, and plugins for about every program I could find.

The good news I can access the UPnP streams from Rhapsody. The bad news is that the interface is terrible and defeats the entire purpose of making it integrated into MC12. Right now I use the Rhapsody web interface within theater view, via a custom item. It works but again you have to use the mouse function of the remote and again defeats the purpose of integrating it within MC12.

It seems a lot of programs are starting to migrate toward acting as both a client and server with regards to UPnP.

Is it in the foreseeable future that MC12, even with a plugin, will be able to pick up the UPnP stream from Rhapsody? Hell, I would be willing to drop some money for anything that would pickup my playlists that are being broadcast from Rhapsody and play within MC12.

For those of you with a DSM, know what the interface looks like when browsing Rhapsody music and playlists. I am looking for the same thing in MC12.

Bulkhead

• Recent member
Re: Rhapsody and MC12
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 09:47:58 pm »

I just signed up for Rhapsody and agree it would be amazing to be able to combine access to playlists and stations through the MC application. I use the theater view a lot and would be thrilled to see my Rhapsody playlists appear in that interface along with my pictures.

Any chance that could be accomplished Jim?

thx

P.S. Note that in this forum, if you sort the posts in descending order of views, this post, with just 1 reply, is the 9th most popular. I'd venture to say that this is a high interest topic.....

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead....

tomslaya

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 12:24:32 pm »

How are you getting the Rhapsody UPnP feeds from Rhapsody.  Were you able to do anything with the interface?  I would also like to access Rhapsody from MC12.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 12:28:28 pm »

We should have a similar service inside MC within a few months.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46819.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up