INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: will MC12 sync everything to my ipod nano 8gb?  (Read 1395 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
will MC12 sync everything to my ipod nano 8gb?
« on: March 31, 2008, 01:52:03 pm »

I just recently upgraded to MC12 so i can sync my computer to a new apple ipod nano 8gb i got.

So far i have synced about 30 albums to the ipod and it all sounds and works great, song titles, album art etc.

My question is with MC12 can i also sync podcasts, audiobooks, videos, photos and contacts to my apple ipod nano 8gb?

hopefully its just a drag and drop kind of thing, i dont remember if i saw folders for all these different kinds of media on the ipod or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: will MC12 sync everything to my ipod nano 8gb?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 02:09:11 pm »

My question is with MC12 can i also sync podcasts, audiobooks, videos, photos and contacts to my apple ipod nano 8gb?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, no.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 04:25:48 pm »

Works perfect. But if you go back to iTunes it punishes you with a reformat - happened on an iMac few weeks ago ... but who cares ;)

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 09:52:03 pm »

How in the heck does one sync audio books to a ipod nano 8gb, i am not seeing it at all.

What the format should the audio book be in?, i downloaded a stephen king novel that is composed of 387 little mp3's, i go to sync it to the ipod and it is treating it a as a music album, how do i get it to show up as an audio book?

Thanks
TC

rjm

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 01:22:30 am »

You need to manually edit the field "Media Sub Type" and set it to Audiobook.

An alternate approach is to set genre to Audiobook and just play them like music albums on your iPod.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 08:17:19 am »

Thanks RJM, by changing the Media Sub Type tag to audiobook, they now do indeed show up in the audio book folder on the ipod nano, but know i have another problem.

The audio book i am dealing with is Stephen King - Lisey's Story, it is comprised of 378 .mp3's of which each one is about 3 or 4 minutes long.

Like i said, after changing the media sub type tag to audiobook, its now does show up in the audio book folder but it is coming up as 378 different audio books basically, how do i get them on the ipod as files in one audio book folder called Lisey's Story?

Thanks
TC

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 08:29:38 am »

It doesn't work like that unfortunately :(
Apple in thier infinite wisdom have made the audiobook part of things near impossible to use properly. Theres no way to get audiobooks to show up as albums or anything else; You're stuck with what you have. There are two ways to work around this-
Either merge all your audiobook's files into a single MP3, and then use MC to sync this as you have done, or to set the genre to audiobook and play as a single album.

Cheers

-Leezer-

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 08:37:25 am »

I had a feeling that was going to be the answer, lol.

I think i will try to merge them as one file and try that first.

And that of course brings up one more question, if i have it as one big .mp3 audio book file, can it be bookmarked, I think  only .m4b files can be book marked or is that not correct?

Thanks again
TC

rjm

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 10:42:59 am »

If you set Media Sub Type to Audiobook, then bookmarks will work on the iPod (and in MC).

If you decide to not edit Media Sub Type, and choose to play it like a music album, and you still want bookmarking, then edit the field "Use Bookmarking" and set it to yes. I use this method on all my audiobooks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up