INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view rotating cube pictures ??  (Read 1770 times)

tolisn

• Recent member
Theater view rotating cube pictures ??
« on: April 01, 2008, 03:37:39 am »

Hi.

I’m trying to use the theater view for my HTPC. I have notices that while in the main menu of the Acajou skin, the rotating cube does not show pictures while News or Weather. The picture that is shown is the Generic.png and not the News.png or Weather.png.

Is this normal, a bug or am I doing something wrong ?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater view rotating cube pictures ??
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 06:52:29 am »

it works for me. i guess you checked if the news and weather pngs are in the shared fullskin folder.

gab

tolisn

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 07:48:40 am »

Yes I did check and there are .png files for News and Weather

tolisn

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 02:10:55 pm »

I managed to recreate this problem.
If the Weather and News buttons are translated to another language other that English then the weather.png and news.png pictures are not shown inside the cube and the generic.png picture is used instead. I think that this might be a problem due to the fact that News and Weather are plug-ins.
Does anyone know how to overcome this ? 

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 03:44:46 pm »

you are right. change the language and the news and weather button dont give the right cube.
there is a way to change the behaviour of the skin. but it is a bit of a pain as far as i can see now, because you have to define every cube seperatly then. for the news in german it would be
<Item Bitmap="..\Shared\Pictures\news.png" Location="nachrichten" Rect="70.7,5.3,100,44.4" Alpha="20" Alignment="3" Style="1" Background="1" />
but as far as i can see i also have to define the others like audio etc (but i could be wrong) then. there is a thread in the third party software started by me about theater view skins, at the end there is a bit about the cubes, and there is an good tutorial in the wiki made by confishy.

but if i was you, i would try to convince the people from mc, because it is clearly a bug.

edit
here is the wiki page: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Theater_View_Skinning_Tutorial
here is the post: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44416.msg304918#msg304918

tolisn

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 11:37:10 pm »

Hey gappie, thanks for the reply and the liniks

I think I'll post my finding in the bug section.
Pages: [1]   Go Up