INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics Editor menus  (Read 3342 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Lyrics Editor menus
« on: April 01, 2008, 07:49:55 am »

Hi Doof, I'm running 2.14 of the Lyrics Editor and in the latest MC builds, the tooltips aren't working anymore. It's a rectangular tooltip with a big border.
Jeff

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Lyrics Editor menus
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 10:41:40 am »

Hmmm... I'm not seeing this on this machine running XP SP2, MC 12.0.468 and Lyrics Editor 2.14. The tooltips do only pop up if you're hovering over the Artist column, although I can get them to pop up over both if I move the Name column over to the first position. But then if you swap them back they only show for the Artist column again. It's a little weirdness with the list box control I'm using there, I guess. But I definitely do get the tooltips.

Anybody else seeing this?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 10:43:34 am »

Just remembered that there is an option (under Options->Miscellaneous) to turn the tooltips on or off. Is that box checked for you? It should be if you want to see the tooltips.

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 07:55:07 am »

Yes, the tooltips option is checked. I have the exact same setup you have. I just put up this gallery so you can see what I'm seeing.
http://pix01.com/KN@b26w
Jeff

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 09:20:16 pm »

Ah, I see... it's the tooltips on the buttons that are having this problem. But it's only under XP. Under Vista it's fine. Any idea which build of MC started exhibiting this behavior? I have a feeling it has to be some change done inside MC that's causing this if older builds don't exhibit this same behavior. I'm just using the stock button control that comes with Visual Studio, so there's unfortunately nothing that I can do (not with my limited knowledge at any rate). As a work around, I could probably release a build that includes an option to disable button tooltips to work around the issue, but I really think the only that's really going to fix this is a change within MC.

Do any of the guys at JRiver have any ideas what could be causing this?

dcwebman

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 07:16:59 am »

I'm not really sure which build started it, sorry. It's been at least two builds I have used that did it, but I haven't imported much lately so hadn't needed to use your tool. I agree that it's probably something in MC that was changed. They did some control stuff in 464, but I think it probably happened before then.
Jeff

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 03:41:33 pm »

Yeah, I saw this as well - The button tooltips appear to be "Skinned" - You can see elements of whatever large skin you have selected filling up the tip display.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 12:54:07 am »

Anybody know if this is still happening?

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 12:07:07 pm »

Yeah, I'm seeing the tooltip-issue too.
Windows XP Professional SP3
MC12.0.534 with Lyrics Editor 2.14
with all Skins..

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 02:12:50 pm »

Doof,

If you end up making any changes to this plugin, consider moving the next and search buttons closer together.
between those two and the 'use these lyrics' button on the browser window, you have to run the mouse to 3 regions of the screen that are spread quite far from each other.
Closing the gap on the distance between these buttons would be helpful from an ease of use standpoint.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 01:34:17 pm »

Doof,

If you end up making any changes to this plugin, consider moving the next and search buttons closer together.
between those two and the 'use these lyrics' button on the browser window, you have to run the mouse to 3 regions of the screen that are spread quite far from each other.
Closing the gap on the distance between these buttons would be helpful from an ease of use standpoint.

Good suggestion. If I do get around to another update, I'll see what I can come up with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up