INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring palylist  (Read 745 times)

Meshugene

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Transferring palylist
« on: April 02, 2008, 12:44:20 pm »

I have a copy of media center 8 on my desktop and one on a computer in my stereo stack of equipment. It is much easier to work on my playlists, etc at my desk than standing in front of the stereo. Is there a way to build playlists at my desk and transfer them to my other computer. Of course, the path to the files, names, etc. are exactly the same. (I assume it's a file but i don't know which one.) So, simplly, i guess i'm asking what file the playlists are stored in. Thanks so much. Marty

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Transferring palylist
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 01:08:04 pm »

I assume you mean Media Jukebox 8. (There was no Media Center 8. The first Media Center was the v.9, which was the successor of MJ8)

However, MJ8 and all MC versions have the playlists integrated inside the library, not directly as separate disk files. You can export the playlists to disk files and import them to another MJ or MC instance, but since your media files are accessible in identical locations on both PCs the best solution would be to create a library backup file on one PC and restore it on the other PC.

In MJ8 the library backup and restore features are in File > Library > Library Manager.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up