INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search and other problems  (Read 1246 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen
Search and other problems
« on: April 07, 2008, 11:19:59 am »

I'm having troubles with my J. Rivers Media Center.  I first noticed this problem when trying to do a search under the audio section in the top right hand corner.  It won't search.  It doesn't matter whether I search using text or the wizard.  The results never filter.

I have noticed on the status bar that it says that it is updating tags.  The number always changes.  Sometimes it says 5 and sometimes it says 4123.  But it's always changing.  Then when I shut the program down it comes up with a message box that says 4123 tags are being updated but then disappears.

I went to another computer that has J. Rivers installed and it works perfectly.  It access the same database on the network.  It doesn't seem like a database issue.  I figured it was a program issue.

I first upgraded to the newest version of J. Rivers.  Still didn't work. I then decided to do a fresh installed.  I uninstalled the program.  Then went into c:\program files and deleted all the left over files.  Rebooted computer and then reinstalled.  Issue still continues. 

The computer that is having problems is windows vista. Let me know what I can do about this. 

There are other small problems that I have too.  When I put in my SD card and ask it to sync files with the smart list it doesn't work.  I have to delete the files manually from the disk to give it space.  Then it will let me sync files. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Search and other problems
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 11:39:57 am »

Install build 470 if you haven't.

If it still occurs, post your system info from Help > System Info.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 12:09:44 am »

I've upgraded to 470 with no luck.  Here is the system info:

Media Center 12.0.470 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)
Intel Core 1671 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1570 MB, Free - 847 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6001 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6001 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6001 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 06:50:22 am »

Are you running as admin?  If not, try that.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 02:46:53 pm »

What if you make a playlist of three files.  Then look at that playlist and search inside it?

Also, try disabling auto-import and restarting. (Options > Library)  I'm wondering if audio analysis or thumbnailing is causing the focus to be stolen.

You might also try creating a new library and importing a few files to test for a library problem.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 12:05:13 am »

This is very strange but I fixed the problem.  It started to work when I opened the program with my other computer.  Then I loaded it up on this computer.  It had read only access but I was able to search.  Then I turned off the program on both computers and reopened it on the problem computer, and voila issue was resolved. 

I don't know what was going on or really how I fixed it.  But it's fixed. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up