INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd problem: can I manually edit Date Imported field?  (Read 924 times)

john h

• Junior Woodchuck
Odd problem: can I manually edit Date Imported field?
« on: April 06, 2008, 09:45:58 pm »

A while ago, I changed the locations of many of my music files on my hard drive to make backups on external drives work better.  I should have read the posts on the board more carefully because, although I succeeded in the end, I had to reimport many of my files into the MC library.  I didn't have any problems with this at the time.

Now, however, I discovered a secondary effect.  One of my favorite smartlists is New Good music, which is music rated three stars and higher and imported within the last 6 months.  Sadly, this smartlist now is crowded with a lot of old stuff that was reimported when I had my little problem above.

I tried going into the tag fields and changing the Date Imported field manually, but it doesn't seem to let me do so.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

PS: one thought was just to delete the files from the smartlist; if I do so, will they be deleted forever or will they show up again when the smartlist reconstitutes itself?

Thanks!
johnh

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Odd problem: can I manually edit Date Imported field?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 01:35:25 am »

no, you can not modify date imported easily. although you could export a playlist, modify the values for date imported (the values are long numbers, no dates) and import the playlist again.

i had the same problem a while back after a crash. i made a user library field called 'new' and selected all the old files and putted 'no' as a value for that field. made an extra rule in the smartlists using that value to keep those files out. also not very elegant, but works for me.
after 6 months you can always decide to take the library field away again.

:)
gab

john h

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Odd problem: can I manually edit Date Imported field?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 11:16:08 pm »

that worked.  I just made a useless playlist, and then added a rule to my "new and good" playlist that excluded the useless one.  viola!  thanks.
johnh
Pages: [1]   Go Up