INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "If" Expressions ignored/broken in "Renaming Files from Properties"?  (Read 1207 times)

Robo983

• World Citizen

I am trying to build an expression using the Album Type tag to determine how to create the folder for file renaming so that albums with multible artist go in a folder "Various Artists\Album\" rather than Artist\Album which leaves me with lots of folders with only one song in them. I eventually want to try this on the HH sync.

My expression under the Directories Rule:

If(IsEqual(AlbumType(), Multiple artists (complete), 1),Various Artists\[Album], [Artists (grouped)]\[Artist]\[Album])

Resulting ouptut
0, Various Artist\[Album], [Arists (grouped)]\[Artist]\[Album])\[Name]

So for:
Album= 1999 Grammy Nominees
Artist= Dixie Chicks
Artists (grouped)= D
Name= Wide Open Spaces
Album Type= Multiple artists (complete)

my resulting folder structure is:
\0, Various Artist\1999 Grammy Nominees, D\Dixie Chicks\1999 Grammy Nominees)\Wide Open Spaces.MP3

Notice that I even get the end ")" of the If statment just before the filename at the end. It is acting like the "If(" is getting trashed. When I take the If statement out I get the same results with out the end parenthesis after the album at the end.

Is my expression wrong or does the file renamning not handle this level of nesting?

Robo983

• World Citizen

I always feel a little bad when I start these threads then get the answer shortly after... anyway there must be something wrong with my expression. I was able to get this working with the post from Alex at the thread below. I had to force my Album Artist to "Various Artists" for the entire album even though I was sort of using that for when more than one artist was credited on a song. I guess I could always define a user field.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46110.0

I used the following expression and it works beautifully. Next to try it on the HH sync.

If(IsEqual(Mid([album artist (auto)]), V),Various Artists\[Album], [Artists (grouped)]\[Artist]\[Album])

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "If" Expressions ignored/broken in "Renaming Files from Properties"?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 08:56:15 am »

Hi Robo, it's late here so I won't write a big post, but I think the problem has to do with fields that have parentheses in them eg Multiple artists (complete)
I think the parentheses break the expression... I tried the escape character "/" but that didn't work either...

This is probably a bug, and might be fixed(?) at some stage, but is probably a bit down on their priority list :)

Have a quick read of this thread (I had the same problem): http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44876.msg307372#msg307372
The solution there might work for you as well? Good to see you found a way around it though :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up