INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Albums keep reappearing when they don't exist  (Read 1088 times)

Brutus

Albums keep reappearing when they don't exist
« on: August 02, 2002, 11:23:50 am »

Can someone help explain why albums/folders that don't exist anymore keep appearing in my library.  If I use the "update library" feature, these non-existant albums will disappear until the next time I import new files into my library.  I use the "import using dir struture" option.  I double checked that these files are indeed deleted and have attempted to play them just to make sure.  I get the message that says these files couldn't be found.  I have also used the "clear library" feature to attempt to fix this with no results.

I'm running v7.2.280.  This is fairly frustrating, input please?

Brutus

RE:Albums keep reappearing when they don't exist
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 11:44:32 am »

Oops.. listening to "Life On The Road - Scamp - Jerry Jeff Walker"

Brutus

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2002, 07:06:25 am »

Perhaps someone from tech support could answer this (see below).  I have updated to v8 (my license doesn't work now) and still can't get these rogue albums to disappear.  Again, when I choose "update library" these nonexistant files will dissapear but I have to do this every single time I import.  Why?  Is there another file somewhere that references this that I am not aware of?  I have deleted my library file out of the mediajukebox/data folder and setup a new library in a new location to no avail.  This is very frustrating!  Please help.

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2002, 07:26:15 am »

Brutus - I don't work for J River but maybe posting some more info would help. Can you copy your system info into the thread (it's on the Help menu)?

Also, when you do an import what options do you have checked on the Import window? I don't have the lower check box activated.

Also, I'm assuming that there are no files in the directories you're seeing imported? So, the artist / album reappears in the library but no songs?

Basically - give us more info!
Namaste,
John

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2002, 10:13:44 am »

Brutus

that version of MJ is a year|PLS| old, MJ8 fixes allot of things.

if you have a MJ7 License you may wish to upgrade.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Brutus

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2002, 10:08:10 am »

Thank you for trying to help: (system info below)
1.  when importing my library I check all file types and I check "import using dir structure".  My library is set up so that each folder is a seperate album.  Each album is only 1 dir deep.  example: d:/Crash - Dave Matthews Band

2.  I have checked the lower box because of my desire to use the libraries files structure rather than relying on the tags.

3.  I have tried the newest available download of v 8 with the same problem.  I have also deleted all library files and attempted to reload with the same problem.  If all library files are deleted and I have double checked my drive with my music files.. why would a folder continue to appear?  I have also double checked that it is not a hidden folder.

1.  system info
Performance Test:
Refresh Time: 2403 ms

CPU Info:
Number of CPUs: 1
Type: Genuine Intel Pentium III
Speed: 597 MHz
MMX Support: YES

Memory Info:
Memory Load: 61%
Total Physical Memory: 326 MB
Free Physical Memory: 127 MB

OS Info:
Type: Microsoft Windows 2000 Workstation
Version: 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Misc Info:
Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.000

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2002, 10:42:14 am »

First, make sure you're using MJ 8.0.347.  That system info looks like it's from MJ 7.

Then, are you saying that there are items in the tree that when you click on them, there are no files shown in the right?  And what if you make a new View Scheme (right click on Media Library)... is it funky too?

Thanks.

-Matt
JRiver, Inc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2002, 02:23:48 pm »

I'm not exactly sure, but you may have bad tags in some of your tracks.  In other words, the tag in track A says it is track B.

Try importing your files in steps to see if you can isolate which file or files cause the problem.  Split your files in half, and then in half again, checking each time.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up