INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Show Files" link on Album thumbnails  (Read 1555 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
"Show Files" link on Album thumbnails
« on: April 20, 2008, 07:55:42 am »

I love the "Group" funtionality for browsing the list in details view, but i still use Album thumbnails for most of my browsing. The thing that i always want to do, but which ends up frustrating me for the effort required, is when I have found an album i want to listen to, to choose one of it's files. If I move to details view, grouped or not, I am back at the top of the list and have to search for that album again. The ideal solution to this would be a "Show this album in details view" link on the album thumbnail which would put me into the details view with the list scrolled to that album (or the first file in it). Another perfectly acceptable solution would be for a link called "Show files" which would perform a search for that album and change me to details view.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: "Show Files" link on Album thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 08:16:41 am »

How about changing the view options to "Always Show Files"?  You'll see covers above and file details below.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: "Show Files" link on Album thumbnails
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 07:28:44 am »

Yes, you're right, I could just use the library view way of browsing and have the bottom file list set to "Grouped Details".  The only thing with that is that with that method the album art used for each grouping is not necessarily going to be the album you want to see, and the bottom files list in details mode is unhelpul until you have filtered it to point that you only have a handful of albums.

My point above, was when browsing using panes, and album thumbnails, you need a quick way to jump to that album's contents (ie. without having to scroll and search out an album again after changing the list type).

The photo viewschemes are there with the new "zoom in on the selected photo" behavior. Maybe a similar thing could happen with album thumbnails in music viewschemes. You could zoom in on a selected album and when you hit a threshold zoom, you could see the album art with a list of songs (links), and some basic infomation (ratings, track numbers, date). Since full zoom never fills the viewport with the picture (due to aspect ratio), there is a lot of space there to be used, and the whole intuitively implied meaning of "zoom" is that you want to see more about something too, so once used would be a really powerful way of browsing.

This could also be used in photo viewschemes. Next to the photo you could see basic info (rating, caption, date) and a couple of fundemental tools (rotate left, right).
Pages: [1]   Go Up