INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Playlist file from MJ8 to MJ12  (Read 1040 times)

ltlj3

• nothing more to say...
Moving Playlist file from MJ8 to MJ12
« on: April 29, 2008, 05:41:28 am »

I just upgraded to MJ12.  I would like to move my playlists files (I assume they are playlistx.jmd and curplaylist.jmd in the Data folder.)  I can't determine where the playlists are stored in MJ12 nor how to move the files (if in fact they are the right ones).

I may be totally off on all this.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Higginz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm Swedish
Re: Moving Playlist file from MJ8 to MJ12
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 02:27:52 pm »

I've never done this myself. It appears that the Media Jukebox Playlist files are .mpl
If I right-click on a playlist and chose "Export Playlist" I get this window popping up:

I'm not sure MJ8 have it. But if it does, then you could probably try and use it in any way.
Sorry I can't help more.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Moving Playlist file from MJ8 to MJ12
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 04:12:28 am »

ltlj3,

Asssuming that you don't have MJ8 installed anymore, but you still have its database files intact you can just create a new library in MJ12 and point it to that location. (Backup the old library files first). This would restore almost everything you had in your MJ8 database, including the playlists.

Alternatively you can copy the old database files from the old program location to a new more convenient location, like C:\MJ12DB\ or similar and point a new MJ12 library to that location.

If you have a library backup file from MJ8 you simply restore it in MJ12. (I.e. if you used the backup tool in MJ8 and stored the backup zip file in safe place.)  File > Library > Restore Library...

In MJ12 the Library Manager tool is in the File > Library menu.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up