INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 12.0.039 (FREE!)  (Read 1774 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Jukebox 12.0.039 (FREE!)
« on: May 01, 2008, 04:09:32 pm »

This is the latest version of Media Jukebox 12.0  Media Jukebox 12 is free.

Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Media Jukebox can be downloaded here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MJ12/MediaJukebox120039.exe

Bug fix update.

12.0.39 (5.1.2008)

1. Update: Merged in latest MC12 bug fixes.

melodeonist

Re: Media Jukebox 12.0.039 (FREE!)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 03:50:07 am »

BUG REPORT? I'm using the latest MJ version 12.0.37 with LAME as an external encoder (tools -options- encoder)
Its an excellent application and even better cos its FREE!
I've noticed people complaining about tagging errors:
Media Center encounted errors while tagging and moving files.
Check that the file exist, are not read-only, and are not in use by other programs.
I get this all the time when ripping tracks, and I suspect its caused by the handover process between MJ12 and LAME.  (ie another program is using the file)
It doesnt happen on every track, only about every fifth or sixth track.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 07:12:12 am »

BUG REPORT? I'm using the latest MJ version 12.0.37 with LAME as an external encoder (tools -options- encoder)
Its an excellent application and even better cos its FREE!
I've noticed people complaining about tagging errors:
Media Center encounted errors while tagging and moving files.
Check that the file exist, are not read-only, and are not in use by other programs.
I get this all the time when ripping tracks, and I suspect its caused by the handover process between MJ12 and LAME.  (ie another program is using the file)
It doesnt happen on every track, only about every fifth or sixth track.

As a test, could you disable Auto-Importer or exclude the folder you are ripping to in the Auto-Importer's options? I guess the problem may occur when Auto-Importer is running an import process simultaneuosly when tag writing should happen. If you have the "Analyze" Auto-Import option selected the situation is even more likely to occur. Each imported the file is reserved for a considerable time during the analysis process. Maybe MJ cannot correctly put the tasks in a queue when an external application like LAME.EXE is involved in the process. Depending on what you do more often you may want to set Auto-Importer to check only a dedicated import folder or alternatively use a dedicated ripping location. Later on you can use the excellent "Rename, Move, & Copy" library tool for moving the files to your preferred location.

The problem may also be caused by a virus checker. As a test, disable or uninstall your background virus checker or other similar programs before ripping.

The third possibilty is a filename problem. Are the files correctly imported after ripping even if the tagging problem occured? I.e. can you still play and use the files and does the "Update Tags (from library)" tool work? Do the file file tags contain unusual characters?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 02:43:47 pm »

Please, can we have an update? I can't connect Library Server anymore because MC uses a newer DB version. Thanks.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up