INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to play songs in order?  (Read 2100 times)

timbuk2

• Recent member
How to play songs in order?
« on: April 30, 2008, 03:07:34 pm »

Media Jukebox 12.0.32C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 1599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2087 MB, Free - 1481 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)

Just started trying MJ. I'm still pouting over the demise of MMJB, the one Yahoo screwed up, and have not found anything close yet. I don't seem to find any answers when I search, I've always been unsuccessful at searching, except using google.
I'm wondering why my song lists will not play in order. I've created a new play list, (which is also difficult in keeping the left-pane viewing the songs I have already selected, it keeps changing to something else, ) I want to preview the list, but it jumps around on the list randomly. I drag and drop to rearrange the songs in the main window and they are numbered, but do not play in order.  I click on  Update Order but it doesn't seem to do anything. Am I missing something here?
It's also crashed twice while I was dropping and dragging songs from the main window to the New Playlist in the left pane.
Thanks
Tim

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to play songs in order?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 03:33:09 pm »

Is "shuffle" on?

The crash could be a problem with audio analysis that we found recently.  It's fixed but not in a public version yet.  Try turning audio analysis off.  I think it's under General in the options.

Welcome to Interact.  We'll try to help you forget MusicMatch.

timbuk2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 04:58:40 pm »

Turned off Analysis, crashed again while attempting to figure out how to get the play list into the Burn Drop Area... but maybe because I didn't close the program and re-open.  I'll give it a shot.  I was finally able to burn my first CD Play List....the whole interface seems a little strange.  But it worked, and the price is right.  :-X

timbuk2

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 08:15:41 am »

I stopped Dragging & Dropping and stopped crashing.  Not sure what the problem is there, and the order of the playlist seems to work now.  Clicking on the button just didn't seem to do anything for a while, now it seems to work. I created half a dozen playlists and burned to CD with success.
Pretty durn kewl program.
Thanks
Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up