INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evaluate Year field in view scheme?  (Read 876 times)

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
Evaluate Year field in view scheme?
« on: May 05, 2008, 06:09:52 am »

I have a custom field called Album Year set up with data type 'integer'.  I want to make a view scheme that will find all albums from the previous 2 years.  Is this possible?  I only seem to be able to set the view scheme to evaluate greater than, less than to a specific value, which means I have to keep editing the view scheme every year.

I see that the standard field called 'Date (year)' is also set up as data type 'Integer' but with this one you can choose 'in the last' instead of greater than / less than.  Is there something I can do to my custom field that will enable me to evaluate it like a date field?
JLee

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Evaluate Year field in view scheme?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 01:04:24 am »

Morning Mr Lee, really long time, no speak! I trust you and yours are well?

I've given this a little thought, and I don't think it's possible.
It is possible to get MC to automatically return the current year, but can't get any further than that.

I guess the next best thing would be an [album year] view scheme pane, sorted in descending order.

-marko.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Evaluate Year field in view scheme?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:53:17 am »

Hi Marko - Should've known you would reply to this being the 'View scheme king'!  I very rarely post here these days because I guess I reached the fortunate position of being completely happy with my NR and MC set up such that it needs very little work these days.  If it's not broke.....    :)

The VS in question is one of many that picks out a random album from my NR interface that I use for random selections i.e. Play a recently released album.  I guess it's no major heartache to go and edit the VS once a year.
JLee
Pages: [1]   Go Up