INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: folder.jpg handling  (Read 1078 times)

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
folder.jpg handling
« on: May 05, 2008, 12:46:13 pm »

I have some albums with a "folder.jpg" set as album art, mainly because that file was present when the files were imported, and i was too lazy to add album art via MC.

Now, if i move the files, two things happen: first, the directory containing the "folder.jpg" file is left behind silently (no warning whatsoever), and the "folder.jpg" file isn't copied to the new location, and second, the tracks in the new location still reference to a image file named "folder.jpg", which isn't present in the new directory, thus "breaking" album art functionality.

This has been MC's behaviour since "folder.jpg" functionality has been integrated into MC a long time ago, AFAIK. I think it's high time to improve the way MC handles these files. I'm currently using the "all album art in a central location"-approach, but using folder.jpg files has a lot of advantages. In its current form, MC's folder.jpg support is nearly unusable, because i have to manually copy the files for each album.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
Re: folder.jpg handling
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 02:28:56 pm »

I think thats true if you use the "Rename files from properties" function. If you use the explorer view (locate files inside MC) the folder.jpg is moved as well.
Nevertheless I run into similar troubles when I'am converting files to a different location - the album art is missing then ...

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Re: folder.jpg handling
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 03:10:39 pm »

Alex has this down to a science!
Seek out his past posts on the subject as he has pretty much put together a tutorial on several occaisions regarding htis.
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up