INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Filename' field disappears !!!  (Read 905 times)

wladdy

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
'Filename' field disappears !!!
« on: May 06, 2008, 07:50:00 pm »

I have a fairly large (>1M) collection of pictures (jpg) that I keep organized in MC 12.0.487.

One day, I could not access some of the pictures because their 'Filename' file had disappeared. All the information on the picture including the thumbnail was still present, but the 'Filename' was empty!!!

Unable to think of anything that would explain the deletion, I proceeded to remove all the files and import them again.
I started importing one folder (between 50,000 and 70,000) at a time, because doing them all at once seems too much for MC to handle. After each import, I run the 'Fill properties from filename' command once and the 'Copy fields' command twice, but of course I do not do anything that would move, delete or alter the 'Filename', the 'Filename (path)' or the 'Filename (name)' field.

Everything in the reimport process was going fine, when suddenly, after trying to import to folders at once instead of only one, boom, here it goes again: all the 'Filename' fields have disappeared and all the reimported files are unaccessible!!!

Did anyone encounter such a phenomenon? Could I be the victim of a virus or something external to MC? Any help would be GREATLT appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Media Center 12.0.487 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 1395 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 524 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-4551A   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-4551A    Addr: 0:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 'Filename' field disappears !!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 08:47:42 am »

I don't know what the issue is.

Build 492 revised how it handles filenames, so you should give it a try.  It will make a big difference with one million records.

( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46460.0 )
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Re: 'Filename' field disappears !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 09:06:07 am »

I saw this occur with my music files under Windows XP-64, but forget which build of MC.
When I reverted back to XP-Pro all was well so I never did go back to XP-64 and find the cause. (that drive has since been reformatted)

I doubt this will help any, but did want to state that the files are actually fince, it is just MC not seeing the filenames.
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up