INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How about  (Read 1370 times)

craft

How about
« on: May 07, 2008, 04:48:46 pm »

null

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How about a 'Collected'
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 04:54:44 pm »

Library Manager allows you to have any number of libraries.

My Computer view allows you to browse non-imported files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 05:33:10 pm »

Or you can do like I do and keep all of the unwashed masses in an "Import" folder and then filter out anything with \Import\ in the pathname from your real View Schemes. Then just make other view schemes or whatever that show only those items with \Import\ in the pathname. That will keep everything seperated nicely. Then, as you tag things the way you like, you can move them into their permanent home and they'll magically show up with the real files and be removed from the set you still need to tag.

An alternative to this is to add a new field to your library that only gets a value applied to it once the files are ready and then filter out any file that has an empty value for that tag.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 05:34:52 pm »

I use several zones. Each zone has a separate Playing Now list that can be used for tagging and sorting imported or unimported files. One of my zones is actually named "Tag zone" and I have added the Zones button on the top toolbar. My most used import method is to drag files to one of the Playing Nows and right-click import from there.

EDIT

In addition, as others have explained, I too use view schemes that exclude unwanted files from the main collection and other libraries for special purposes.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 08:30:41 pm »

...and then filter out anything with \Import\ in the pathname from your real View Schemes.

I do this exactly...

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 09:43:56 am »

Yep, MC has got the tools to create a string and a view scheme to do exactly what you need.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up