INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4th Gen Ipod Sync issues  (Read 4373 times)

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
4th Gen Ipod Sync issues
« on: May 10, 2008, 10:57:12 pm »

I'm Running ver 12.0.496, converting lossless wma to mp3 during sync.  If I try and sync too many files at once it either locks up or shows "error" on every file.  If I keep the number of files down it seems to work but, I'm only getting .3-.6MB/sec on the transfer.  Seems to me that the last time it was running about 1.6MB/sev.  Updated the fimrware on the ipod and started over with no chg.  CPU is showing still 100% in TM.  Doesn't seem right for a core 2 Duo. 
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks

SwellGuy

Re: 4th Gen Ipod Sync issues
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 09:22:52 am »

How many simultaneous conversions do you mean when you say, "keep the number down"? The transfer rate takes into account the conversion and transfer, so if the CPU is busy with a bunch of conversions the posted transfer rate will be low. Try setting the number of conversions to 1 (one). Does the actual transfer seems to be slow or is all the time in conversion?

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 10:48:41 pm »

I have it to two simultaneous conversions.  What I'm trying is basicly 13 playlist with about 13.5 gig after conversion going to a 20gig pod.  If I select all 13 palylists it will run for a while and then files will convert and then show error vs on device.  Seemed like if I selected one playlist at a time it worked ok.  Conversions run very fast yet uploads seem to be where the slow down is. 
Thanks for the reply

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 08:25:45 am »

Try running chkdsk on your iPod, restore it and try again.

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 12:10:07 am »

Thanks again.  I won't be able to do it until the weekend.  I'll let ya know what happens

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 07:45:55 pm »

Must be my stupidity but, I can't get chkdsk to run on the pod.  chkdsk j: /f errors as "Can't read boot sector."

SwellGuy

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 09:22:33 am »

Did you restore the iPod on a PC or on a Mac?
Try restoring it on a PC.
What OS are you running?

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 01:39:26 am »

I got chkdsk to run.  Restored several times on a pc running Xp Sp2.  Same thing.  I just saw another thread that appears to be the same problem.  See: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46666.0;topicseen

SwellGuy

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 10:48:27 am »

Is it happening when it gets to a certain file? Can you send me the log files (rick at jriver dot com)?

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 12:55:54 am »

Ipod died.  I'm hoping that when I get the new one the porblem is gone.
Thanks for the help

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
Re: 4th Gen Ipod Sync issues same prob on 160bg classic
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 11:20:28 pm »

Swellguy, I just got a new 160gb classic and am having the same type of problem.  Tried 2 or 3 times yesterday and it would run from 1-6 hours then just stop on a random file saying "converting" but never changes from there. The media center still works, I can chg views, play music whatever the converting just stops.  I tried to send the log file but, doesn't look like the email went.  I'll give it a shot again in the am.  Also at some point I upgraded to ver 504.
Thanks for the help
Pages: [1]   Go Up