INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Text Only" Visualization  (Read 1196 times)

Scronch

"Text Only" Visualization
« on: August 01, 2002, 10:02:07 am »

Here's what I want to do:

I'd like to set up a "visualization" that simply shows the artist and song name for 5 seconds or so.

Then I want to somehow connect that to a TV, and have it overlayed over the analog cable signal that's being shown.

Can it be done?

Scronch

Scronch

RE:
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2002, 06:36:15 pm »

Matt or Nikolay, can you assign JimH to work on this for a while?

Scronch

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2002, 06:43:26 pm »

I'll have to dig out my old mbasic manual.  Not sure you'll like the results.

You can program, can't you?  It's probably possible with our SDK's.  

Is the check in the mail?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Scronch

RE:
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2002, 06:54:03 pm »

I can (could?) program.  Shall I email you my contract?  But you must agree to pay my regular hourly rate before you see the contract.

Checks are old-fashioned.  You can wire deposits directly to my account.  Small virtual unmarked bills, please.

Scronch

cjdshaw

Re: "Text Only" Visualization
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2002, 07:46:07 am »

> Then I want to somehow connect that to a TV, and have it overlayed over the analog cable signal that's being shown.

Do you want the overlay done in the PC, or externally. If you don't mind doing it externally, you could use something like this:
http://www.overlaytools.com/coriogen-e.htm
If you produced a vis with the desired text on black, this would take your PC output and key the text over your cable box signal. You'd have to work out a way of making it disappear after 5 seconds, though, but that should be a much easier task and might even be possible in vis studio.

Scronch

RE:
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2002, 10:11:15 am »

cjdshaw -

Yes, that is what I had in mind.  I could set up (or beg someone here to set up) a visualization that paints the text for a few seconds.  Then I needed to know how to overlay the video signal.  But $695!  Ouch.  I was hoping for a $20 Radio Shack solution.  I guess I'll have to give up on this for a few years, until PC's and basic TV become more integrated.  Thanks.

Scronch

cjdshaw

RE:
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2002, 04:14:11 pm »

I said "something like this". That was the first thing that came up when I searched the web for "composite overlay key". I'm pretty sure you could find something cheaper if you looked, particularly if your PC has TV out. Then you'd only be looking at composite-on-composite keying which you should be able to do with a couple of RS chips.
Pages: [1]   Go Up