INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asus Xonar aiso voes  (Read 20944 times)

ConTrail

• Recent member
Asus Xonar aiso voes
« on: May 15, 2008, 01:30:41 pm »

Hi!

I got an Asus Xonar D2X. When I try to enable the ASIO playback trough MC, i get a digital noise in my speakers, kinda like listening to a cd-rom
in a cd-player. I've tried different versions of the driver, EQ on/off in both mc and the driver. Whatever I do, the static doesn't change..

Anyone got any ideas?

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
Re: Asus Xonar aiso voes
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 02:30:59 am »

It works fine in non-asio mode?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 03:20:21 am »

It could be a sample rate mismatch. I read here that Asus Xonar does not change sample rates automatically. Normally Windows Kernel resamples when needed, but ASIO specifically bypasses Windows Kernel. So if you are playing e.g. 44.1 kHz material you may need to enable the 44.1 kHz setting in the card's control panel.

You can enable MC's "Display diagnostics when running ASIO" output mode/ASIO setting. It might be able to tell what is happening. (I am assuming you have installed an ASIO driver from ASUS and it is available in the output mode settings.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

MerlinWerks

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 06:12:05 pm »

Hi!

I got an Asus Xonar D2X. When I try to enable the ASIO playback trough MC, i get a digital noise in my speakers, kinda like listening to a cd-rom
in a cd-player. I've tried different versions of the driver, EQ on/off in both mc and the driver. Whatever I do, the static doesn't change..

Anyone got any ideas?

Did you get this resolved? Out of curiosity, what OS are you running? I'm considering this card for a new build with XP x64, but Asus seems a bit stingy with driver support and I don't want to get burned on drivers the way I did with an AudioTrak product.

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 05:14:11 pm »

I found this thread through searching because I wanted to know if there really wan't anything more to it than choosing ASIO in the options. Turns out there isn't. I have a Xonar DX on Vista x64, works like a charm.

Didn't know that it didn't change sample rate though... I only have 44.1 stuff anyway....

Hmm, ran GSpot on a few video files, they're 48 of course.. Ah well, they're compressed anyway, as opposed to my FLAC audio rips. If I really want to be bothered sometimes the setting is some three clicks away...

I'm just writing this for future reference for other who search for ASIO.
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]
Pages: [1]   Go Up